Bruce's Journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a bummer, y'all don't deserve such rude treatment. We are borderline heading to summer already, just have to get thru this rainy period. I have to get started on cutting grass before I get behind.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
No, it seems to be about 1 gallon/hour regardless and though we do get snow here and there through the winter, the grass grows from May through Sept/Oct. I think I've blown snow only 4 or 5 (5 or 6??) times this year. I should really mow every 5 days minimum in the spring, I swear you can see it grow from one morning to the next. PRESUMABLY I'll be mowing less this year with the Alpacas here to eat it down. I had 3 areas to mow. Takes about 2 hours to do it all:
  1. The part around the house where the Alpacas can't go.
  2. The "riding ring" and solar panel area
  3. The area behind the barn.
Of course unless I restrict the boys, I'll probably have to mow some of the second 2 areas anyway, 2 alpacas won't keep up with 3/4+ acre when it is growing fast. Even the people across the road with 2 alpacas and 3 horse on ~2 acres of pasture mow now and then. There are some things none of their animals eat so they have to mow to keep those weeds from seeding the pasture.