Bruce's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not meeeeee!! I did mine in the near or below freezing temps, rain and snow.
Oh wait, that means we are all lunatics. :D

Lazy butt chickens, only 3 eggs today. From 11 laying age hens though I didn't expect anything from Angel since she just got out of the broody buster this morning.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
7 eggs today, one was a super thin shell from Yue. She laid it in the coop on her way to the nest box, then went in the nest box. There was some blood on the egg. I think her "internals" are giving out and she won't be happy and relatively healthy for a whole lot longer.

Large male chuck took a field trip from the front of the barn to the woods this morning. Woodchuck poop smells :sick Now to find out if the one that has been seen on the south side of the house is spotted again. I hadn't seen the "barn chuck" for 3 days after I put the trap in front of the "access port" he was using to get into the barn until this morning when he was in the trap. D2 had seen the "other one" during that time. MAYBE it is the same chuck. Wouldn't THAT be nice! In any case, I think I am back down to 1 chuck max by the house and barns.

Scared up a fawn in a fairly damp area on my way through the field. Not sure why mama would have it stay there since there is plenty of tall grass/weeds on dry ground. Also saw several deer bed down spots.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sure hope ya get all of them. Sorry to hear about Yue....she must be a pretty good hen....she felt bad about yesterday and wanted ya to know she was trying for ya....hope she hangs in there for some time to come.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're finally getting that chuck population under control. Of course once you've finished eradicating them, you'll need to find something else to rant and rave about ;) If you're anything like me, I'm sure you'll find something right quick :lol:

Latest posts