Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK, close up pictures instead of taken from the tractor
DSCN1600.JPG DSCN1601.JPG DSCN1602.JPG DSCN1603.JPG DSCN1604.JPG

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, that fits when I Google it. A number of Google pictures for that also say Stokes Aster which is a bit easier to remember. There are tons of varieties so I'm guessing the people who lived here before us planted some in their flower garden (still there) and they spread to the fields which they did not keep up.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
When my grandma lived on farm land, she would buy a packet of wildflower seeds each year and would scatter them about.....she loved flowers, but no time to mess with them....and since the yard area wasn't a point of focus...the flowers would grow thru the taller grass and she got to enjoy them as she walked to the vegetable garden....:)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
This friend that I asked to help is one of those people who reads everything imaginable and he remembers it all and he is a Botanist. Mike and his wife Keena own Bright Lake Farm in upstate South Carolina where we started training Sassy and Lance. They have been and still are our mentors on everything sheep related plus I still get to Mike's knowledge base every once in awhile. :) I asked him a question about three years ago and when he said "I don't know", I almost fell out of my chair.