Bruce's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
And pay careful attention if any start backing out. I have no idea if they start one at a time or all at once. I wish they were long enough to attach lock nuts on the back. When properly tightened there isn't even 1/4" sticking out the back

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have had my tractor going on 6 years this fall. I have never checked the bolts on the wheels. I guess maybe I should sorta, kinda, half way check them. LOL LOL I never get to drive it any more. I abdicated my tractor seat to my husband. He is unable to do the on the ground grunt work, so I do it. I miss my tractor, but he is more important.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Senile_Texas_Aggie PM me please, I can't start a conversation with you.

Done. BTW, to everyone on the forum, I disabled my receiving of messages not because of anything anyone sent to me, but because my Beautiful Gal asked that I disable it because of something that happened long before I joined BYH.

I never get to drive it any more. I abdicated my tractor seat to my husband. He is unable to do the on the ground grunt work, so I do it. I miss my tractor, but he is more important.

I think you should be able to drive the tractor every once in a while. Maybe BJ can just stand by and watch you work for a bit.

Senile Texas Aggie

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think you should be able to drive the tractor every once in a while. Maybe BJ can just stand by and watch you work for a bit.

Senile Texas Aggie

There are things that he can't do anymore. For instance, he can't bend over without getting dizzy-and I don't need him falling down! So he can't help weed the garden or even pick stuff since much of it is low to the ground. So I do my best to find things that he can do, so that he feels like he is helping. If I need something done that requires using my dear Marigold, I tell him and he jumps into the seat, happy to be useful. He is 10 years older than me and tires easily, so I plan things out that gives him recovery time. Working on the farm keeps him in good physical shape, I just structure it to what he is able to do. He does a lot of work, just no bending over!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are things that he can't do anymore. For instance, he can't bend over without getting dizzy-and I don't need him falling down! So he can't help weed the garden or even pick stuff since much of it is low to the ground. So I do my best to find things that he can do, so that he feels like he is helping. If I need something done that requires using my dear Marigold, I tell him and he jumps into the seat, happy to be useful. He is 10 years older than me and tires easily, so I plan things out that gives him recovery time. Working on the farm keeps him in good physical shape, I just structure it to what he is able to do. He does a lot of work, just no bending over!
Sounds like BJ and Leon are on the same page lol, except my DH is only 61.....

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
So he can't help weed the garden or even pick stuff since much of it is low to the ground.
Time to start growing stuff in stock tanks? I know someone on another forum with pretty bad arthritis that made raised beds out of old stock tanks. Doesn't matter if they leak a bit aren't useful for their original purpose.

Did you get anything from the storm Bruce ?
We got rain all day, probably only about 2". Wind picked up around 8 but nothing more that we've had from non tropical storms. There was supposed to be wind around 50 MPH at midnight but either it didn't happen or it happened at another time. I was up at midnight visiting the bathroom. There were some long dead branches under the ancient maple. Not real big but one was at least 12' long. I should probably call a tree service to come cut out the dead parts before they drop on someone. The original main trunk is dead about 25' up but there are plenty of good branches coming out below that part.

I have never checked the bolts on the wheels. I guess maybe I should sorta, kinda, half way check them.
Couldn't hurt! Though I suppose if they've managed to stay on for 6 years they are likely good.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Time to start growing stuff in stock tanks? I know someone on another forum with pretty bad arthritis that made raised beds out of old stock tanks. Doesn't matter if they leak a bit aren't useful for their original purpose.
No stock tanks. The heat would cook whatever was planted in them. If I was going for raised beds, they would be cinder blocks with caps. I don't want raised beds.