Bucks....

Goatgirl101

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello! What are some treats you feed to your bucks? We are so worried that they will get kidney stones!

Augie

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello! What are some treats you feed to your bucks? We are so worried that they will get kidney stones!
I feed my wether generic commercial goat feed about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of feed

Longhornbreeder101

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
FA2AC6CC-A115-48A2-9449-BE01508933DD.jpeg

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Animal crackers.
If you are worried about urinary calculi get a hay sample (chop up a ziplock bag of hay into tiny little short pieces and mail with form and a small payment via check) and send it in to get analysed. You're looking for a calcium to phosphorus ratio between 2 to 1 and 4 to 1. That will keep them safest. Giving cookies once or twice daily should not give your boys stones. Loading them with unbalanced grain might.

My analysis(es) that I've run show me that my orchard hay tends to always run a little high on phosphorus which can cause stones all by itself SO I give alfalfa pellets in addition to hay (and right now I mix in a little beet pulp and balanced goat grain because I'm growing out two lamancha bucks that need it).
But that's just what I do.

Tygrace

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
My goat vet said there isn't enough known about raisins and goats so she recommends carrot stick, turnip sticks or sweet potato sticks. My goaties get some every day!

flagchick

Just born
Reaction score
I give these to my wethers and they contain AC, Manna Pro 1000962 Apple Goat Treats with Probiotics

Latest posts