1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Bee Hives. Swarm information, history, lessons and more
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Bulk corn?

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Alexz7272, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Oct 22, 2016
    Alexz7272

Alexz7272 True BYH Addict

Does anyone get bulk corn? We're trying to find a place that does and just curious what everyone else gets and how much for how many heads? Anything we should look for/know about?
    (Wasn't sure what forum to post this in, sorry)

2. Oct 22, 2016
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Moderator

I guess you could put it under "feeding time" for the most numerous breed animal you'll be feeding... I can move the thread if you'd like.

Alexz7272 likes this.
  3. Oct 22, 2016
    Bossroo

Bossroo True BYH Addict

I bought whole field corn 3 tons at a time from a grower that had grain silos. I would then grind enough corn to feed the animals for a week at a time.

4. Oct 23, 2016
    Devon

Devon Chillin' with the herd

We are planning on buying a ton of whole corn and fermenting it for our critters. There are 3 pigs (about 60-90#) and 24 birds, mixed flock. I figure it will last about 4 months. That being said, I am currently researching and seeking info regarding fermented corn. We've been feeding this for about a week, but I heard it can be toxic and I've heard it can be VERY un-healthy and I'm now torn and paranoid in regards to fermenting it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2016