bump on neck

jdmjojo

Just born
Reaction score
I was looking at buying an alpine goat about 5 months ago. i went to look at this one and fell in love. however, i felt a small, movable, lump on the back of her neck. (middle to upper part). i was weary and did not buy the animal. the woman said she understood. i emailed the woman again recently b/c i just really liked this goat and was curious as to what happened with the lump and if she found another home. the woman said she ended up keeping her. i went to go look at her again. the lump is still there. hasn't grown in size. and the goat seems to be in great spirits, happy and healthy looking. she doesn't flinch or even notice when anyone touches, squeezes or moves the lump. is this CL? the woman says it is a cyst that she's had for a while. i just really feel like i've bonded with this is goat. any advice? thank you

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
If there is a good goat vet in the area, I would have the vet check it out. You would have to pay for this but it would be worth it to make sure the goat is in good health. But you would want to make sure that the vet is knowledgable about goats.