APictureofAmerica

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have a small 'farm' up a couple of canyons in the high desert of Idaho. I made the decision to eat only the meat that I have raised and killed myself, and rabbits are our main meal. We also raise chickens, turkeys, a couple of calves and (hopefully soon) pigeons. Lots of green stuff as well.

I am attempting to make our rabbitry pay for itself, so I am always on the lookout for new ideas for feeding and care of the herd. I look forward to exploring this site and learning from the experiences of others, as well as sharing the tips I have discovered.
margo

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Oregon.

APictureofAmerica

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thank you, Tah and Hens& Roos!
I have California and New Zealand, but I'm experimenting also with a non-descript 'backyard bunny' who has large litters of fast growing babies. I've just gotten up and running, with my first two litters about 8 weeks old.

I had asked my husband to rebuild an old cage last year, but he decided to build a new one- and then a second one...It took a little longer than expected, but these cages were worth waiting for. The bunnies finally have homes and are beginning to earn their keep. :)

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Greetings from Colorado. Sounds like you are making a really interesting decision.

Arrakis

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
North Idaho here.
Getting silver fox rabbits in a few weeks. Cages have been ready since August last year!