Bunny Health need advice!

Skinny bun:(

• He'll be okay.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nita

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
My bun is feeling skinny but still eating drinking binking circling me and jumping and playing around his poops are a little small though. Any advice please?

DutchBunny03

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What is his cage made of? If his floor is damp and filthy, he may have parasites that are eating his food from inside his stomach. He may just be skinny, though. Try feeding him mangel beets and oats.

Nita

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
He doesn't have a cage he is free roam. i vacuum the floor everyday because he is free roam and I understand that if given the opportunity he would eat any food he could because he doesn't know any better. He does have a litter box but doesn't use it. I'm working on litter train him still. Am I doing something bad for his well being?

Nita

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
He eats great actually! I had to trial and error figuring out the way he would eat his hay more than he was because hay is such a big part of their diet 80% of what he should eat so I made his own bunny feeder he loves to eat from and also have hay in his place in the living room along with water in both rooms for him. No problem with his dental health and he has a variety of hard bunny teething toys. He started to gain a small amount of weight back. I knew he was loosing weight because the big ol chin that rabbits are supposed to have was barely there(since he is a lionhead his fur was growing back out and I was going to cut his fun)

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bucks shouldn't have a"chin" or a dewlap. I am guessing he may of needed the weightloss. :D if he had one.

DutchBunny03

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The "chin" you are referring to is actually a dewlap. Bucks shouldn't have one. It is a physical characteristic of does. What breed is he?

Nita

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
agora (I believe it's spelled that way) lionhead

Nita

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Bucks shouldn't have a"chin" or a dewlap. I am guessing he may of needed the weightloss. :D if he had one.
thank you that is reliving to hear! I just over worry because rabbits are such a mystery. That even experts can not give an exact answer on the way they do things ya know? either the answer is that it's either really good for them to act a certain way or really bad and there are the slightest differences to tell which it is. Does that make sense?
There are things that I just rather have the opinion of another person who has had to figure it out like I am.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
The only "experts" in rabbits are self-appointed. Every one of us learns by doing; the real problem is that every person brings their own prejudices and ideals into the situation, and boiling it all down to what works well for you and your animals gets confusing.