BunnyVac A New Pasteurella Multocida Vaccine?

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have any of you heard of this vaccine? The manufacturer has a full page ad in the current ARBA "Domestic Rabbits" magazine -- which doesn't mean much, but I emailed them and got two pdf files with some information.

Unfortunately I am obviously computer stupid because I can't figure out how to get the two files in here and have them readable.

Would gladly email the files to anyone interested, just send me a message with your email.

The vaccine is given subcutaneous and a follow up shot 4 weeks later and then once a year.

It doesn't seem particularly expensive, 20 doses $20.00, 50 doses $40.00 with $10.00 shipping for either size vial.

I'm going to chat with my vet about this... would like to get others chatting too so we can try and form a good opinion.

So, if you had reasonable expectations that this vaccine worked, would you use it?

Sycamore27

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I've heard a good bit of discussion about this vaccine, it sounds like it has interesting potential.
The one down point that made several in the discussion I was reading previously decide against trying it out is that has not gone through full clinical trails with a large test group and controls. That was at that time, not more than six months ago. I will be interested to see how it works out for those electing to try it from the start.

Cheers,
Jessie

Hutch

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi, anything new on this vaccine? Thoughts or experience, opinions?

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am still using Bunnyvac. It is a preventative and so it is hard to say that it is working... you can't go back in time and not give the shot and see what would have happened. Then again you could say that about any preventative measure. 1/2cc initial subq, second 1/2cc shot 30 days later and then just once a year.

The website for Bunnyvac is pavlab.com. It is manufactured by Colorado Serum Company and is distributed by Pan American Vet Labs (pavlab). The fellow I spoke with is Robert Glass 800-856-9655. The lab is in Hutto TX. You could call Robert with your rabbit question. He seems like a good guy.

Sorry this isn't much info... I go with prevention as it is so much easier than trying to cure.