Butcher/processor in Polk Co., FL area?

TigerLilly

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am researching getting cattle to raise up for my own meat. I do not know how to find someone to do the butchering & processing in my area. I'm pretty sure there isn't anyone in my county, but hopefully someone in the Hillsborough, Pasco or Orange County areas?
I don't know any farmers that raise their own meat, so I have no one to ask.
Any suggestions would be most helpful, not to mention appreciated!

TigerLilly

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No one in FLORIDA knows of any meat processing plants? :(

yannimom

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I lived in Manatee County for many years and I know there are ranches there. It is SW of Polk County. Maybe you could find someone there. Good luck!

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Check with your county extension office. They may be able to help. If there are any Ag colleges they may also have some information. Good Luck.

witch

Just born
Reaction score
I belive there are many in polk county my family use ones in Lake wales are or Haines city. I belive frost proof has one and Winter Haven a few. Did you try Macs in WH they may be able to do it. I will ask around if you still need one.

TigerLilly

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
yannimom--thanks, but that may be a little too far.

jodief100--thanks, that's something I hadnt thought of!

witch said:
I belive there are many in polk county my family use ones in Lake wales are or Haines city. I belive frost proof has one and Winter Haven a few. Did you try Macs in WH they may be able to do it. I will ask around if you still need one.
The only one I have heard of is one in Zephyrhills. That's too far if there are any in WH or Haines City. Frostproof & Lk Wales wouldn't be bad either.
Whatever other info you can give me would be great. Thanks!

witch

Just born
Reaction score
I got my brother in law to give up the goods Homeland Fl just south of Bartow on 17 there is 2 buildings one is the post office and across the street is the butcher shop he doesnt know the name or phone number he just shows up and says their is always a line.