Butchering a Beef--Educational info

warthog

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Just reading this post, and as a Brit living in Belize, thought I might explain the confusion on your breeds list.

England, Wales, Scotland are one island and along with Northern Ireland which is an island off the west coast of mainland Britian all form part of what is Britain.

Ireland - is split between Northern and Southern Ireland - Northern Ireland is part of Britain, Southern Ireland is independent.

Not trying to be smart, but as a British person, just thought this might help any confusion::D

Marta

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
thank you Warthog, you saved me explaining, I thought for a second that UK had gone and split up and had a war or something whilst I was away lol
oh sorry UK is GB or should I say the United Kingdom of Great Britain lol

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I just HAVE to say something, it's Scottish Highland... Scotch, aside from the drink, doesn't really exist.

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with butchering Brahma cattle, and how much meat you should get from one based on its weight? We have butchered two that we bought from some friends, and it seems like when it was all done, there was not much meat compared to the size of the cow. We did an 800 pound heifer and an 1800 pound older steer (I couldn't believe how HUGE he was live!) and it seems like there was so much fat, is that normal on that breed, or were they just overfed? I think we probably ended up with much less than 50% of the live weight being meat. The hide alone on that steer was so heavy it took three men to get it in the back of my truck.