Buy unsprayed grains or not.

VanUnamed

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello!
I have a question. Currently I feed my pig a mix of milled cereals + concentrate (other than what she finds on pasture and other veg scraps and stuff). I know a contact that has over 100 acres planted on various grains. I know for sure he does not put any pesticides or herbicides. should I buy those grains in bulk at harvest time for this year + next year's pig? I currently buy the milled cereals bag at a store but I cannot say if they are sprayed or not.. the soya in the concentrate is def. GMO though.

Thanks!

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
If it were up to me...definitely go non-GMO and pesticide free.
It will help with the animals health and yours.
I switched to non-GMO feed for my rabbits after my does started having deformed babies and small, weak litters.
The switch made an extreme difference. Those same does are now having more babies per litter, healthier and stronger babies and no more deformities.
Do the switch :yesss:

VanUnamed

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Yeah I do know they are bad, there isn't a real alternative here. concentrate has GMO soya which is likely being sprayed with glyphosate. but concentrate is either 1 part on 7 or 1 part on 4 regular grains. Buying the rest of the feed that has not been sprayed at least gives me between 75 ad 90% of the feed that is not pesticide tainted