amagana

Just born
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am going to be buying a registrable Nubian buckling soon (ADGA) to keep as a breeding buck. We currently only have unregistered Nubians so this will be our first ever registered goat. We plan on eventually getting some registered does and may sell the unregistered ones if we see that it is worth it. What should I expect upon purchasing him? What papers should I expect the seller to have ready for me? What papers will be essential for the registering process? How long will the transfer process take? Do I have to be a member of the ADGA in order for the seller to be able to transfer them to me? When will I have to choose a herd name, tattoo sequence, and all of that? Sorry about the asking so many questions, we just have no experience with registered animals, let alone goats, and I dont want to be scammed or never receive the papers to get my buckling registered. If you guys have any other tips or advice please let me know.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am going to be buying a registrable Nubian buckling soon (ADGA) to keep as a breeding buck. We currently only have unregistered Nubians so this will be our first ever registered goat. We plan on eventually getting some registered does and may sell the unregistered ones if we see that it is worth it. What should I expect upon purchasing him? What papers should I expect the seller to have ready for me? What papers will be essential for the registering process? How long will the transfer process take? Do I have to be a member of the ADGA in order for the seller to be able to transfer them to me? When will I have to choose a herd name, tattoo sequence, and all of that? Sorry about the asking so many questions, we just have no experience with registered animals, let alone goats, and I dont want to be scammed or never receive the papers to get my buckling registered. If you guys have any other tips or advice please let me know.
Go online to the ADGA, you will find most of your answers there....your seller should either have the application for you when you purchase your buck or her registration of him to be transferred to your name. Do not pay for him unless you get the papers in your hand, those that say they will send them to you seldom do..
Have you checked out his sire and dam ? Hopefully they are on site and you have seen them, how is the dams udder?
The registration process / wait is not too long, but be sure not to leave the place of purchase without the papers...
Good luck with your new buck, I hope he treats your ladies well and gives you lots of doe kids :)

Last edited:

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
He should come with an application for registration. That is filled out and signed by the breeder. If any of the parents are AGS registered, you will need a copy of that parents registration papers.

I am not sure how long the process will take currently with covid-19. I sent papers out 2 weeks ago, they have not been processed.
If you do not choose a tattoo, adga will. You do not have to choose a herd name. Becoming a member has its benefits. You can transfer with out being a member, it just cost more.

I would make sure the herd is tested. With getting a nubian i would also want g6s testing.