buying sheep

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I get that there isn't much optimism but it's hard not to.... other than chasing the animals she's a good dog... just she goes home at night to my three cousins and all my training gets undone... and I know it's not my job but I refuse to have a badly behaving dog in my family....if she is going to visit I expect her to behave and be respectful of my animals. .. they come first over everything.... if she can't behave then I don't know what my aunt is going to do because she can't be left alone at home because she will have accidents.... and between home schooling and raising my cousins (ages 9,8, and 5 ) and making sure they don't fight.... training a dog.... you get what I'm saying. I sometimes wish we could just hold onto her for a week even that would make a difference in her training.

@Mike CHS thanks for the support.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
And enforcing on 5,8 & 9 Y/O kids is pretty hard, they have short attention spans for such things. Likely just open the door to go out and the dog scoots out too.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So I was out taking care of the sheep tonight with my dad, and as usual the girls moved slightly away but to my suprise Gordon did a little hop skip and a jump in my direction; then stood there beside me And he waited patiently for scratches!! I seriously love this little lamb!! He is so loveable and cute and happily greets me everytime I come in :lol: :love

Gorman Farm

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
And plus we requested that one or two girls with "experience" get thrown in so we won't have too much worries with them our first time in the birthing scene. Lol, and that's why I was wondering what I should look for. She is a nice woman and I don't think she will screw us over hopefully, she knows I'm a first time owner and has also been giving me tips and such oh raising the breed. And I'm sorry to hear about your terrible time with the ewe she sounds horrible :th
What size should a katahdin ram be if he was born in December now?

Gorman Farm

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I was looking to see what pics of ram lambs I had on my computer, and I only found these.

1 wk old Katahdin ram lambs
ram lambs 1 wk.jpg

5 mo old Katahdin ram
5 mo ram.jpg

Hope this helps you

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I was looking to see what pics of ram lambs I had on my computer, and I only found these.

1 wk old Katahdin ram lambs
View attachment 29024

5 mo old Katahdin ram
View attachment 29023

Hope this helps you
This is the most recent photo I have of my little boy does he look good? He was born December 17
Screenshot_2017-03-09-11-57-30.png
Screenshot_2017-03-09-11-57-21.png

He still has his winter coat and the pics aren't the best sorry lol