BYC Conversion Questions & Answers (During Conversion)

TJChickens

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My computer still says this...

"The page isn’t redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

My Kindle says the same as Chickencowboy's kindle.

I have dumped all history and cookies off of both. Turned off, restarted, used a different browser.
Don't know what else to do. :hit:hit

TJChickens

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks, I just tried, it won't work either. :(

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Those having problems, please send me a PM here with the following:
  1. Device type you are on (phone, tablet, computer) and what kind
  2. Browser version
  3. The exact problem, error, etc. you are getting
  4. The URL of the page giving you the problem
  5. If you've tried another device.

Kiki

Not just born
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Actually if its the BYC app Nifty said it doesnt work with the new site/software/server so to delete it but they're going to develop a new one eventually. So if they mean the BYC app then yes it does take them to the old site. If they mean the Amazon silk app then yes it's weird
I just downloaded the app and I am able to see/use the "new" BYC on it???

Kiki

Not just born
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
COWBOY...just in: TRY THIS:

Some really interesting info / help from another member:

"We just now got it to work. The problem was in our Hughesnet Gen 4 modem. It was caching old IPs without us knowing it was. We simply unplugged it and let it reboot. Problem solved. It took me right to the new site when I typed in the address. Up until then we had cleared cookies, went incognito, nothing worked. We were almost ready to try Voo Doo, LOL.

If anybody else is having the same problem and they have rural internet, tell them to reboot the modem especially if they have Hughes."

kdogg331

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I just downloaded the app and I am able to see/use the "new" BYC on it???

Really? Maybe they changed it then or got it to work after all or got a new app or something haha

I just know Nifty had initially said it wouldn't work but maybe they got it to

TJChickens

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
COWBOY...just in: TRY THIS:

Some really interesting info / help from another member:

"We just now got it to work. The problem was in our Hughesnet Gen 4 modem. It was caching old IPs without us knowing it was. We simply unplugged it and let it reboot. Problem solved. It took me right to the new site when I typed in the address. Up until then we had cleared cookies, went incognito, nothing worked. We were almost ready to try Voo Doo, LOL.

If anybody else is having the same problem and they have rural internet, tell them to reboot the modem especially if they have Hughes."
This may have been my problem. I'm on Hughes, very rural. When I booted up this morning, I was able to get BYC on the computer. :) I haven't tried the kindle yet.
Thank you for hanging in there with us!