BYH App

xa.logan

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I think vBulletin is a forum system that has it's own app. All of it's forums use a framework and they've programmed that framework to work easily within their app. I'm not sure how it all works but I do know vBulletin does work on mobile devices. I don't honestly know much about it, but I do know it could be worth looking in to if you haven't already.

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
WhiteMountainsRanch said:
Was that worth all the peeps they lost because of the swap? Just curious.

I've often thought it'd be nice to have an app, but only because whenever I try and post I get glitches! :p :lol:[/b]
Losses????? There where a few who really hated the swap at first and where quite vocal about it, but with a little time I noted they where all posting again. In all reality out of the whole membership we only lost 4 or 5 people out of over 100,000. Nice thing about the new platform is people on dial up and slow home connections can use the mobile format and it is fast for them.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
I know it's a bit off topic, but please know that we'll do 100% of our research before (if) we make any system changes. I spend many hours each week working with experts (just met with a bunch in Austin last week) and staying on top of everything forum related, and that includes forum software. The biggest players right now are vBulletin, XenForo, and Invision Power Board. All have pros and cons, but unfortunately none have a solid mobile app / version. Most big forums use a 3rd party like ForumRunner or Tapatalk.

We don't have an app here, and while we don't have short-term plans for one, we do have long-term plans to add one... or at least a more mobile friendly version of the site.