BYH Calendar ~ Picture Submission Thread ~ Deadline Oct. 14! [EST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
----- We'll be accepting submissions until the end of day <<<<Friday, October 14>>>> -----

We're a little short on time but we know from seeing the POW submissions each week that you all have some great pictures to submit :D

For a couple of years our sister site, BYC, has had a calendar featuring member's pictures. We'd like to offer the same to our BYH members!

So, here's what to do:

1) Find a HIGH RESOLUTION picture that is very clear, clean, and doesn't have people in it. Pictures of livestock / guardians are preferred, but if you have a fantastic picture you think would be a great fit for a specific month, you're welcome to submit it.
2) Upload your picture to BYH and post the image here as your submission. We'll still need the super high resolution images if your pic is chosen, but for judging we just need you to post a regular sized image.
3) No watermarks, texts, etc. on the image
4) By submitting your picture you agree that you are granting BYH license to edit and use the image in the calendar, promotions, etc.
5) Limit of 5 submissions per user, so choose your very best pictures!! :) Please put all of your submissions in the same post (edit to add more if needed)

Remember, make sure you have a clear high resolution image (at LEAST 1200 pixels wide... but more is better)! Even if your picture is chosen and you don't have a high resolution for printing, we can't accept it.

Here is an image of last year's calendar pics from the BYC calendar:

2_byc-2011-calendar.jpg

Looking forward to your wonderful picture submissions!!!

:woot

Some additional information:

The sizes we require for print (in the calendar) are much larger than what our upload system will support, so just make sure you have a BIG version of the image on your computer and then upload it here and our system will resize it for viewing and voting on the forum!

We've been known to send a free calendar to those who get their pics chosen... so, maybe it will happen again this year. ;)

Remember, only 5 submissions per member, and make sure you have a VERY HIGH RESOLUTION image on your computer that we can use for print!

--------------------------
Regarding copyright & license:

I've received a few emails regarding clarification regarding granting BYC / BYH license to use the photos. Here is some more detail:

We are very sensitive and careful about respecting copyright of other peeps' work. We want to make sure we have explicit permission to use the photo for the calendar and for other BYH related uses.

We won't sell or give away your image to 3rd parties.

You retain your ownership of the image and can use it however you want. You're simply granting us use of the image for BYH related purposes.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
CYGChickies said:
Do we upload them here. I don't know what resolution you need but images from my camera have been printed in sizes 24"x32"--and stayed crisp--and larger so I think mine will be fine.

Thanks!

CYG
Yes, just upload the pics to this thread :) Keep all submissions to one post...so edit if you need to.

On resolution:
Remember, make sure you have a clear high resolution image (at LEAST 1200 pixels wide... but more is better)! Even if your picture is chosen and you don't have a high resolution for printing, we can't accept it.
The sizes we require for print (in the calendar) are much larger than what our upload system will support, so just make sure you have a BIG version of the image on your computer and then upload it here and our system will resize it for viewing and voting on the forum!

Eia

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Fuzzy Lops 2 weeks old (from left to right) solid black tort, broken sable point, solid sable point
4228_dscn2967.jpg

Squirrel Colored English Angora "Einstein" 13 weeks old
4228_dscn3661.jpg

Broken Sable Point Fuzzy Lop "Claire" 14 months old
4228_dscn3726.jpg

Squirrel Colored English Angora "Einstein" 13 weeks old
4228_dscn3622.jpg

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Psst....what's 'high resolution' mean??? I've got some, but unfortunately I always edit them down to about 700 pixels. I'm gonna try and make 'em big again and then post them. Not sure if that will bugger up the resolution or not.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
Psst....what's 'high resolution' mean??? I've got some, but unfortunately I always edit them down to about 700 pixels. I'm gonna try and make 'em big again and then post them. Not sure if that will bugger up the resolution or not.
Basically it means that the picture is very clear at 1200 pixels wide and not at all fuzzy.

If you can do bigger than 1200 for the "original" all the better.

The 700 pixels is fine for submission as long as you can take it back up when we need the "original".

If you want a more eye crossing definition - look here .

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I'm assuming winners will be announced and then orders taken? B/c if one of my pics makes it in, I'll have to order like a dozen, :lol:

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
4150_4_petunia_with_newborns.jpg

This was condensed for upload originally but I can dig out the huge original.

4150_1_petunia_with_newborns.jpg

4150_6_petunias_piglets_at_2_weeks.jpg

4150_11_petunias_piglet_chunk_at_2_weeks.jpg

4150_14_petunias_piglet_chunk_at_2_weeks.jpg

Ok Elevan, here are the rest of them :) Realistically I'm am not going to get any new ones taken before the 30th so here are a couple more from that same litter. Plus the lighting was a LOT better in May than it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts