C&D Farming..oh what a life!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aren't dairy breed goats kinda skinny anyway? At least I think I remember reading that somewhere here on BYH.
Not sure, since is my first rodeo?? So, I’m totally clueless..plus, she’s a planer goat..think, Batman ears...or, at least she’s go5 that mix in her...and I have no clue why she’s so dairy.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello Denise.
Remember my little wether Ozzy was very Bucky and he was castrated as a very young kid. He was absolutely horrible trying to breed Fancy every heat cycle. His hormones are levelling off so he doesn't act so bad anymore.
Oh, that’s awesome Shannon!! He was a little devil!! Aren’t you glad you didn’t sell? Now if you could just get Fancy to behave!! :lol: :love

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Denise ..I know feeding Momma the same ration kids or any babies get helps Momma gain weight. My Momma dogs always eat puppy feed till weaning..
She’s on her own special mix, high protein, but I had to back on what I had first been feeding her because it was making her poop like logs!! This mix was recommended by @rachels.haven , and its kind of close to hers....she still does a poopy log, here or there, but I’m sure it’s due to the alfalfa pellets, etc. Whenever the other moms sneak a bit of tgat feed, they too get a poop log here or there. It’s a bit of soybean meal, beet pulp, sweet feed, oats, BOSS and goat pellets. i cut wayyyy back on the soy and beet and oats, maybe gave still too much BOSS this time. Plus she doesn’t help because she still manages to nibble out the ‘good stuff’ and leave the pellets behind. Then, once she’s done with what she deems good enough, she does her dance...meaning I want my alfalfa..and I jump to her rescue. She’s got me trained quite well!! But, that’s the story around here on of the farm..:lol::lol::lol::love:love:love

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, in other news, real quick before I resume my chores, since my dinner is gone so darned fast...:(....my eggs are gone before I can even collect them, and I have to actually call people to tell them when I have them ready!! The eggs here are now $3.99 at the store..ours are staying at $2.50. We are not going to take advantage of people...we bought more chickens to help!! But, I couldn’t even give them to my son today because I’d promised them to a cus and I didn’t know he needed them. Boy did he tease me!! Kids!! Two people have set up appts to pick out min8 pigs tomorrow....the6 will wear masks and Chris will take them to the barn. Via advice from our wonderful @B&B Happy goats , I’m putting on FB that people have to make an appointment to come to the farm...because, yes, we are still getting people randomly visiting. Even though it clearly states that we are closed, except for honor system egg sales in the garage. Oh, on a sad note, one of my kits, already promised, turned out to be blind. It’s only about 5weeks old. They choose it from a picture...and we’re planning to pick her up in a few weeks. I went out to get pictures today, and her eyes are still shut....and she’s way too small. But she gets around great, and momma didn’t reject her. I called the guy and he’s goin* to take a different bunny..a younger one..but I told him he can have her...he thinks he will take her too. He is already getting another one, so what a third? I hope so, they seem like a very nice family. They call themselves‘homesteadres’ and hav3 a YouTube channel....my bunnies might be famous? :lol: :lol: :lol: