C&D Farming..oh what a life!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I still like the one that @frustratedearthmother linked to as fairly reasonable. Plus, USA people to buy from and call if there are problems. Do yourself a favor and send the other back before you are out of the 30 days to return.
I have used that milker for 3+ years. I have ZERO complaints about it. Easy to use - easy to clean. If you want to do a good job - you need a good tool. Just my 2cents. :)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought wording was weird, but they all said basically the same thing.
Then all of those are made in China. I find it odd that all those Chinese made "user manuals" are so bad. What would it cost ONE time to have a native speaker of a language clean up the poor translation?

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The manual refers to them as breasts and not teats? Man if I made that mix up my wife would’ve slapped me and left me a long time ago. “How was your day sweetie?” “ Oh it was great, I had to rub some breasts to stimulate oxytocin and check for milk flow.” My wife was not raised a farm girl and it’s bad enough when I use teats.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
It took me almost an hour and a half to hand milk Busty this morning!! She was sooo full that I could barely get my hand to cup around the one nipple...the other two barely make much, I might just call it a day on them...unless I can convince Chris to let me buy a good milker. When he comes home in a bit I think we’ll have ’a talk’....I can’t spend this much time milking...and this time next year there will be 7! ugh!!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think that you also are taking so long to milk because you are not doing it enough to get your hands and arms strengthened. You are going to have to make a decision going forward because you are talking about having 7 milking next year. Either get yourself accustomed to hand milking, get a proper machine that will do the job correctly, or else be fair and kind to the animals and don't have dairy type goats.
I went from milking 2 cows to milking 4 overnight, and it was killing me for about 2 weeks but I still could do them all in less than an hour and a half. If the kids are not drinking or wanting to nurse anymore, then you need to cut out all the extra feed and only feed hay so she will dry up. A dairy animal is a commitment, and the good goes along with the bad.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Goat-Bucke...ulsator-Claw-Cluster-Hose-Shells/371834009487. Does this one look any good? I looked long and hard at the site from @frustratedearthmother ...they come to over $700...by the time you are done...Chris would say no right off the bat. Even if I say I’ll buy it. This one on eBay seems to be from a US company...here in 3 days....good price...he’ll probably still say no....it’ll be a tough talk....ugh...we definitely should’ve gone after the one at the auction harder...but, we didn’t realize we needed this kind of machine to do the job. @farmerjan , @Jesusfreak101 , @B&B Happy goats @rachels.haven , @Bruce ...any input would be great!