C&D Farming..oh what a life!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I sure hope that "vpbucjpk" stuff those people have ain't "contagious"..... šŸ¤£
Oh @CntryBoy777 ...you are a smarty pants...yes it was late? And I didnā€™t realize that I did a keyboard slip up...Iā€™m a quack sometimes with that stuff..Iā€™m sooo sure by know, you all realize that!! It meant to say they have a mini pig already...lol!! So, last night the same lady textedto talk about the piglets last night..asked if we also have goats due...which we do! She asked to get on that waiting list...which there isnā€™t one....so, I told her that. She asked the price..I said I havenā€™t set one until we see them..cant set a price until you see what they look kike..if their ugly..$.50...if blue eyed moon spots tri color..$2,000...šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. So, sheā€™s very excited, said Iā€™m her new best friend...only bad part....they have 3 kids index the age of 4! that will be here alllll day!šŸ˜©. This make three days in a row of people here alll day...and we have the next two days booked too!šŸ˜©

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce..yes..once again..you are ALWAYS RIGHT...AND, IT MIGHT...annoyšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£..totally teasing...no, the index part is me never prof-reading..them staying all day..is me, not knowin* how to kick people out??? It happens every time!! Even today, another rabbit breeder came, to buy a rabbit, have hers bred, and buy chickens..she was GP here two hours. My whole week is shot because of people coming. I even offered my son money to grocery shop..but he has his boards to get into grad school on Tuesday so he has to study...we ran to the store..go a ton of boxes...some feed for the animals...few things for US,! Of course forgot the list...ugh...came home, the other pig has dropped too? Oh yeah, didnā€™t mention, yesterday, the pink spotted pig, he4 belly is almost on the ground...we checked her for milk..nothing..but the black one, she was high...we though maybe another week? Now today the back one is so saddle backed..poor girl! So, the people who are holding out for spotted pigs are texting constangly...which is fine. One lady is hating..which we now understand..and HATE, she canā€™t get up until the weekend..so sheā€™s just mailing money..she doesnā€™t want to miss out..she wants me to take pictures..and sheā€™ll pick that way?? Crazy!!

@chickens really ...did you tell everyone about your new baby???šŸ¤£ā¤ļøšŸ·. She just wants to C&DFarming!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. I had to say it Shannon!!

So, the haying..ugh..Chris has been working sooo hard..every day something breaks..he fixes it, screaming...this guy doesnā€™t swear, so you hear this big gruff guy, covered in grease and dirt, yell..you dirty rat...you rotten stinker!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. People were here buying bunnies, they laughed so hard, but tried to hide it...it was pretty funny...luckily, he was soo focused, he didnā€™t hear usšŸ‘

So, today the axle? broke..heā€™s done!! Itā€™s not the tractor..itā€™s just the cutter thing?? I have nooo clue..I make sure to stay far away..I donā€™t want to be a big stinker!!šŸ¤£ā¤ļøšŸ‘šŸ˜©šŸ¤Ŗ. On the upsaid he got a lot of nice stuff to give to th3 piggy mommas for them to nest in!! Poor guy! Guessing weā€™ll be buyin* hay the rest of our farming?! Which, Iā€™m super super glad!

The Rabbitry business is going really really a bi5 tooo good. I actually have a waiting list. Man, rabbiT people are crazy!! These one set of people are actually goin* to drive from MD..sent a deposit, everything..I only bred the bunny three days ago...so, thatā€™s about three months before they ge5 this..if it will actually exist..this chocolate mini lop?? Crazy!!

ive overpriced my chickens because I din5 actually want to sell them. My friend wanted them..I told he4 the whollllle deal. She still wanted 5. I said ok. I explained about stress, how the6 stop laying, etc. about eatin* eggs, etc. I explained everything I could possibly think of.....luckil we talk a lot, so if she ha# any questions she can ask or jus5 bring them back. She actually wanted one..I said no, I hadnā€™t seen it lay an egg in awhile..etc. but, none of them are laying well now. I had separated 14 to sell them..since the6 ar3 free range. I just chose randomly. But, it stressed out the ones not going to be sold!? What the heck!! I guess they los5 their friends?! Dang chickens!! So, Iā€™m probably not goin* to sell anymore. I feel bad now for breaking up my flock..even though I amsoooo sick of washing eggs!! That# the reason I was selling chickens. I have 74 and 2 Roos...I get about 5 dz a day. I sell them easily..but Iā€™m exhausted when I come in very late everyday. Chris will not wash one egg...heā€™s very stubborn..he says..I only wanted 20 chickens...šŸ¤£. Got to admit..itā€™s kind of funny if it wasnā€™t so frustrating at midnight when Iā€™m washing so darned many eggs!!

So, Iā€™m drying up Honey, my pregnant goat...sheā€™s about dry now,.thank goodness, she was, and obviously will always be my worst to milk!
oh, the poor kids!! W3 used those darned castratin* bands on their horns..a few week# ago? The6 are in agony! They donā€™t want to play with me...they kin$ of hate me! Itā€™s killing me inside! I want to rip them of& their horns..bu5 I know weā€™d hav3 to do it all again....nex5 time..w3 are going to a very old guy farmer..gettin*bthe horns burned the right way the first time! Iā€™m chicken, Chrus is chicken to use my dip umm iron..and Iā€™m neve4 letting anothe4 goat go through this agony!! I hate this! But, I know, if we donā€™t, Iā€™ll end up getti
pig hurt...šŸ˜©

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
them staying all day..is me, not knowin* how to kick people out??? It happens every time!!
OK, so you tell these people to come at 9 but they have to be gone by 9:45 because you have other people coming. Now maybe those other people might not be coming for 2 days but the 9 AM people don't need to know that! Just let them know ahead of time that there is a limit on how long they will be staying.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is the way of raising animals to sell. Dealing with the public/buyers. I used to run 150 layers on pasture and washed an average 10 dozen a day. If you want to have the stuff to sell, you have to do the work that goes on behind the scenes.... some days it is tough.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce ,, I have noooo backbone...so, I doubt Iā€™ll ever be able be able to tell people when to leave. As for telling them when to come..yeah right..these people come at the darned times! But, I donā€™t want to lose a sale! I donā€™t want to raise prices either because itā€™s not all about the money. My rabbit prices are high...but thatā€™s because rabbit people are nuts and think they have to have this especially rabbit I happen to have...so, whatever?? I man, theyā€™re no that high, but, enough that I know that they are going to good homes and serious buyers. Itā€™s all mostly breeders.
i wish we had a small boring farm, then no one would want a tour, etc...šŸ¤£.
Also, as of late, Iā€™ve had about 4-5 ā€˜incidentsā€™ with my health...2 seizures and 2 passing out and once, weā€™ll, we donā€™t know what that even was. So, clearly, Iā€™m working too hard, not sleeping enough,9 not eating enough, etc...

so, chris and talked about it last night..he got a bit mad, said I have to start getting to bed at a descent time, instead of taking calls in the middle of the night about rabbits. Heā€™s right about that. Ok, time to go milk! Have a great day everyone!!ā¤ļøšŸ‘šŸ°šŸ·šŸšŸ£šŸ¶šŸ“šŸ„°

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree with Chris. Put it on your farm page a CUT OFF TIME FOR PHONE CALLS. Also put it on your phone message that you do have to take care of your health and cannot take calls after X time, then let it go to voice mail. If you are having seizures and fainting, your body is warning you. Youā€™d better listen to it.