C&D Farming..oh what a life!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@chickens really ...well, since up to this point, he’s done everything..including 100 mile ultra marathon, couple 50’s, several 33’s..and regular marathons don’t count....and yesterday he did the swimming parts of the requirements for SEAL training....I know he will get there. The only stupid part of his goal...the wife issue. He’s 22 has his own fitness company..that actually earns money🤣🤣. While his factory was shut down due to Covid, he got a job working manual labor...he’s now working for me..ugh..what a pain! Not farm work, detailing cars, etc...

He has health issues as a kid...held him back from sports. Wanted to play football..I said nope..your thin as a rail...lift weights then we’ll talk. He was 12. I created a monster...🤣. But, in my eyes, I’d rather have him exercise too much than sit and play video games......or drink beer...

BUT..Chris and I do, constantly worry, he’s had a lot of sports injuries already from going sooo hard..all the time. Right now he has a sports hernia. But he didn’t want to get treatment until he’d done his 50 mile ultra..then it had to be the 100 mile. So, now that he’s done those..he’s set aside the time for the stupid surgery.

oh, he also does Ju dit so? However you spell it. He figures he needs to know how to do that kind of tactical fighting, if he’s ever mugged, etc... Honestly..he just never stops wanting to achieve more goals...

im not bragging one bit..he drives me crazy...he irritates me...like every kid irrates their mom?🤣🤣❤️❤️

ok, off to work!

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
From my experience and observations (mostly relatives, so grossly limited) the gym babes that are all about fitness are not necessarily good forever material.
There is a real self absorption problem that interferes with doing what's best for the other half. Looking out for each others best interest is the glue that holds marriages together.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sheesh, tell that dog to sit on him long enough to put himself back together. He's going to be okay, but it sounds like he needs to cool it before he hits some kind of burnout or hurts himself worse. The marines would probably tell him that at some point too. He may not find satisfaction there, and once you sign your time away...you finish, based on what my military friends have told me. There's plenty of time without the military to work and pay off debt yourself, find nice relaxed hobbies, maybe set up a family and his own farm (and end all the relaxation)...and of course to help with pigs and rabbits and pan dumping and manure shoveling, which is LOTS of exercise. :)

Sounds like out of all the animals you have your son worries you the most. I hope he sorts it out in a way that is satisfactory to you.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@rachels.haven ...I agree, with soo much of what you have ...what ALL of you have said...I used to say these same things to him...as did Chris. I’m the only the only one he confides in. He has said, if I continue to give him ‘crap’... he won’t tell me anymore. But he will still do it, and that will be worse. Anyways...enough about that stuff...

Dumb and dumber...Dad and Ben went on a road trip to buy me rabbits..ugh, poor woman! She must think ....she knows me...but she must think the rest of my family are lunatics!🤣❤️ My Dad said he was going to try to bargain her down on price..and keep my dough...🤣. Then they came up to the farm...Dad had never seen the piglets...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. He actually liked them! Chris is magic with piglets...no one screams with him...not me...❤️🤣🐷. That was it!! Dad was OUT! I asked him if he wanted to buy one? He asked if he got a discount? What a nut!

Sooooo..after all, the hard times with the ducks...and giving away the duckings a few months ago...they were just too much work..Who wants to do a brooder?? Anyways, we brought home two Pekins today.....we bought them because our pond is sooo empty, and our dog, Grover misses going back to the pond, with the ducks....he goes now..but, he’s sad...😞. So we got him ducks... but, these guys, are it! And, we’ve got the floating duck house, plus we’ve got the fencing..that he didn’t want to do last year..🤣. So, we’ll see how it goes. .?? Two can’t be that bad?? I miss ducks. Ugh.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
There IS such a thing as "family discount"! How much as Dad done for you these past few decades?? I bet he's earned a FREE pig.
Of course he can have a free pig...I was just referring to how he had just tried to bargain down the lady for my rabbits...🤣. But, he was just joking..he wants no part of a pig, unless it’s on the end of his fork!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@rachels.haven ...after last year..with, at one point...51 ducks..I’m never going there again!! Last year the farm was a whole different farm. The ducks controlled everything. Now the ducks will just have to go with the flow, because I refuse to chase ducks again!

The lady we bought them from, makes her own moonshine..it was 10am..we were also buy8ng a chicken coop...we had two huge trucks and trailer. She kept offering me her homemade ‘shine’...said her parents had done this for years....obviously I don’t drink. Then she made three passes at Chris, saying she ‘had what he needed..,and could give him what he wanted’...and her 4 year daughter gave me the middle finger and kept patting Chris’ bumm! Soooo, needless to say...it was one heck of a morning!🤣

Were supposed to go to a pig roast Saturday....but now I don’t know what to do? Our governor had ordered that we wear masks the second you leave the house, not just in businesses. When Covid first came out, Chris and I went no where....I mean we still go no where..but, we stopped our weekly dinners with friends.