C&D Farming..oh what a life!

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
:ep Yikes, poor Chris. I bet he left in a hurry. My mother, living in what used to be semi rural TN (which is now now rapidly gentrifying) would call that kind of person "crazy"...which really means, avoid at all cost. Category includes users of other drugs too and not just heavy use of alcohol and some actually crazy people. Some people are just "nuts".

Wow, that's silly, on the Governor's orders. The air in your car as you drive is probably not going to be contaminated. If the ac's going it goes through a filter, if memory serves. If it were me, and you felt like being a logical rebel, I'd only wear a mask before you interact with people. IE, walking in a parking lot alone is not a mask occasion. If you can stay 6-10 feet away outdoors the need and effectiveness for a mask is very low. I mean...maybe wind could carry stuff? BUT I don't know...avoiding everyone's airborne droplets is the key. I get the impression if you stay out of everyone new's 6-10' "bubble"...but again, IDK.I guess humans are gross.

You may have to cancel your party, or greatly modify it. This is probably responding to the rapid uptick of cases and the fact that PA is a very at risk state with a high percentage of older population and a hint of isolation, IMO. Fl, CA, and Tx really bombed out yesterday with over 7,000 new cases tested positive (fl was over 10,000). The number of states yesterday with 1,000-3,000 new yesterday cases is high too. If that rate spreads...But at the same time life can't stop completely. There has to be a middle ground somewhere. We're at war and under siege to an invisible enemy and finding a way to beat it is taking FOREVER (I wish distractions would stop and we could focus on just controlling IT)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
The car A/C cabin filter is big dust particles not virus unless some cars have hepa filters. But I agree that there is no reason to wear a mask while driving your car. After all the value of the masks isn't so much in protecting you from getting the virus, the masks won't keep the virus out, but to keep you from spreading it if you have it without symptoms if you sneeze or cough. Clearly anyone with symptoms shouldn't be out with or without a mask unless they are going to a medical facility for testing/treatment.

Yep, no party unless one wants to chance becoming a statistic. I suspect there will be a WHOLE lot more cases a week from now because people are going to socialize for the 4th regardless of warnings to the contrary.

This site has a map by county but it is a 7 day rolling average so it won't show the direct effect of new cases from a day ago.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was just put out a few days ago. I like it because there is so much more detail rather than just a number for a state. Arizona is a mess I wonder how much of that is on the Native American land. Florida is also a mess but there are some relatively safe areas. For whatever reason it is worse on average in the southern part of the country than elsewhere.

Looks like @Duckfarmerpa1 is in a really good place, very few cases in her county or any of the surrounding counties.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@chickens really ...yes, I had muscovies ..duckli in the spring, realized they were too much work and gave them away. Now have these two knuckle heads...they don’t have a clue that the pond exists...they stay in the coop...but the duck lays great...they are sweet...they don’t know where the gardens are...yeah!! More news...and more news, etc.....so...we bought calves. A Swiss, we named Charlie...sweet as anything. And a black angus mix we named Mike. He’s young and just finding his legs..this morning he started jumping about in the pasture..that was fun to see.🤣🐮. The other more news..I’m going to have to start my kidding thread back up....I knew Honey was bred..that was planned....I suspec that Busty was too...yesterday it was confirmed. I’m not thrilled. But...people have been knocking at our doors for goat kids....litterally trying to buy mine. And I plan to bottle feed and sell..as soon as I can....I really only plan to keep..one agouti..if I would get one from a Busty. So, now...our 4th trailer tgat was supposed to be for hay storage...that’s blown....it’s now going to be the cow barn...and, more news..,this morning I was leaving for a dentist appt....Chris said what are those chicks doing over there...hmmmm.....Soooo, now I’m hurrying up and tryin* to sell 9 chicks in a flash! I sure don’t need to deal with chicks, separating them with the hen, etc... I mean, they are adorable....I’m sellin* them for $1 each...and I have a 50# bag of feed from when I was going to do a hatch....I’m throwing that in for $5....anyone want them?🤣🐣.
0F33C329-46DE-4A77-A772-AA1B21D378D3.jpeg
06DCE95F-13D1-48DD-A7B8-AD70DBE7EE5E.jpeg
C10BBF5E-12AE-48A0-B142-F184183331DF.jpeg
160D4D26-438A-4D73-BAD6-A1A4D976E444.jpeg
A9EF438E-EB1E-4448-AFDC-6AA5EA7CF779.jpeg

Latest posts