C&D Farming..oh what a life!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ooo, a chocolate tri! A holy grail for tri breeders. And that holland is too cute. I sure am glad rabbits make me sneeze and itch or I'd be breeding hollands.

Your DH looks like he really loves his piggers. So funny.
I know...I’m sooo excited about the chocolate tri buck..his name is Ernesto..his lines are...stacked!! He comes on Thursday...I’ve already got his GF picked our..after quarantine, of course...

My good friend tha5 I get my show HLs from just informed me today that next year she’s moving south....I’m very bummed..,she’s the best breeder in the area...so, we’ll have to see what transpires in the next year...I told her flat out, that I’ll buy what she cant take.....❤❤❤❤ Poor Chris!

And yes, he really really loves those little piggies.....it’s always soooooo sad around here after they leave. Then 3veryone sends us ador pictures..and he mopes even more. But we’ve decided..that out of the neSt...our smallest sows, and the new boar..we’re keeping the best looking girl piglet. Everyone...our waiting list is now at 11...and growing constantly...people see the pictures of the piglets at their new homes and contact us about getting one...I tell them about the list... oh, listen to this...so the one great lady who came from VA to get a pink girl from our first liter...she came back and got two more this time! And, she also wants a spotted boy from our new boar when we get one from the sows that made these tiny piglets...because she wants to start breeding too!🤣❤🐷. I’m totally fine with that,.,she lives states away...but our neighbor suggested to it one day, that he didn’t want his new piggy neutered...I told Chris...noooooo way was going to sell a pig and let my neighbor be my competitor!! But he changed his mind after he realized the work it takes...🤣🤣🤣🙏. We are totally realistic about the whole Juliana mini piglet thing...we know it is going to phase out....but, while it’s hot in this area....and, clearly, we are having no trouble selling....other than a Chris wanting to keep them all🤣. But, after we see it dying down, we’ll probably start to ... sell off a few of our larger girls, etc....BUT... piglets are definitely very profitable. A sow can have a couple litters each year...with a bunch of piglets...now for minis..that’s about 4-6...but that great! With goats..as a Chris puts it....they kid once a year...maybe 2? No..it’s not about the money, but yes, the money definitely helps pay the feeds bills once you get into it at this level🤣🤣🤣. But, I’m certainly not complaining..we absolutely love it..and we both want to do it. Today I got to take the goats on walks...it was great. The kids were on leashes, but moms just walked.
Oh, not sure if you all remember the walking trail that now borders our entire farm?😩😩😩. Welll..... we hate it!! Nooooo privacy! But, chris does joke, that when people ask for tours, I should just tell them to ride their bike on the trail..🤣. My other friend said we should have people pay us to have homeschool classes on science, etc next year...I almost lost it!! This was right after I had told her how we weren’t doin* the tour thing. I kindly said that we do not need the money, but we do value our time and need to spend it on chores and then enjoying each other. Then she said we could hire someone, so we can then give classes to kids....😩😩😩😩😩. Are you serious?? And this is my friend saying all of this...and of course..I was too nice to speak up, so I politely said, maybe, and I’ll think about it..ugh. People also want to come do ‘pick your own’ blueberries..,we have over 65 bushes...we do not want foot traffic on the farm.......🤣😩.....so, I’m forced again to find polite ways to say that we can’t..blah blah.

enough of that.

so, Honey, my ND I’d due in 16 days!! Can you believe it? I sure can’t ! Last year at this poin5 I was...well a total wreck! This tear..I’ve got my stuff, in the barn..I’m about to read over a couple kidding threads, for refreshing.,,but, I’ve been doing some reading of alllllll of my notes....gonna show you some pictures. In these pictures she doesn’t look big at alllll..they were about 4 days ago? She looks better now.....but, I still think there’s just one in there. Last year she just had Sugar..my biggest kid on the farm. Ok, here’s the pictures...you tell me what you think? I’ll work on getting new ones. At this point her bag is not a bag at alllllllllll. She did not kid on my farm..so I don’t know wha5 she bagged up like last year. But her udder is never very big..,but clearly, it needs to be a heck of a lot better than this!
EC73D198-DB9B-4F43-8150-EC851E468115.jpeg
814ADDC2-BC0D-451B-B7F0-2FEEFC181AA6.jpeg
5BD6CE5C-A39E-4F74-A5A5-DEC54F9FD4A4.jpeg
22989C04-A30B-478E-A9D5-B6CFFD18E35B.jpeg

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got my new buns...no @Bruce .....just BUNNIES!🤣🐰🐰🐰. They are sooo darned cute! But of course the one, that the lady swore had been bred and had kindled this week..was NOT EVEN BRED! Hmmmm...ok, so, I’m finally starting to realize that...hmmm, some people lie? 😩. Hate that....but, whatever, I’m still happy that I got my harlequin doe.
More news on the farm. i was pretty sure that my goat Brandy got bred in the back of the Saturn on the ride home when we bought her and the buck...🤣🤣🤣. I know what you’re thinking @Bruce ...I’m sure there was some cheesy music on to set the mood🤣❤🐐. Anyways...I’ve been watching her grow....kind of knowing....yep...he got her...got my confirmation today as I was rubbing her belly on the stand....I had been drying her off...anyways...I felt this one...bump..then.....wait...them..yep, in a different spot, there it went again!! Not gas, nit the rumen..noooo where near..these were tiny hooves?! I swear I thought I was loosing it! It was the best!! So, until today, I really wasn’t in goat-momma gear....I was getting ready, but...I’m trying hard not to get excited...because I don’t want to get attached....well..that’s blown!!now I’m just praying they come out really homely so I don’t want to keep them🤣🤣. Fat chance on that! So, now the calculations, mean both girls are due on the 20th....15 days!! I’ve only got one stall up!! Told Chris today I definitely need another right away. Luckily, we just dismantled it all, so putting it back up, is easy, just a snap.

Oh, poor Marie met her fate yesterday. She actually didn’t have that much fat on her! Since he bought a 5th freezer, we still have freezer room to go to the discounted grocery store and stock back up on ice cream!❤❤❤❤

oh, here’s a real question for the goaties... @rachels.haven .. @B&B Happy goats .. @Mini Horses ... @chickens really ... @Jesusfreak101 ...anyone else?? If I bottle feed the kids...how soon can I sell the “ugly” ones? 🤣🤣🤣❤❤❤ Only asking because my nephew is having an engagement party in Pgh on the 5th....soooooo, we have absolutey no one that I would trust to care for the kids while we run to this party for the day..,which means we take..4-5 kids along....not impossible, but...kind of rediculous.....especially since my family is very prissy.... anyways..the real question is...can I sell these kids..if they are homely...lol...at a few days-week old? I know if they stay with mom they have to be 8 weeks. I’m planning to bottle feed so I don’t get so attached. I cannot keep alll of the kids this year. I have ten....I can ONLY Keep 1-2...if tge very best does....and with planning to breed 8 does over the next say...7-8 months....I could potentially have 21 kids on th3 ground! No way!! I love my goaties..but I never want my farm so big tgat I can’t name my animals!

So, some advice on how fast I can sell would be great. I would kind of like to keep another buck...because a Ferdinand gets lonely even though he has other farm animals in with him.,he wants a goat. I’m not putting Willy, my wether In with Fred..because he’s my baby and I don’t want. To separate him from his family....itd be different if we had a new buck and that’s all he ever knew? At least I hope!?
ok, here are some pictures of Brandy..and of course my new bunnies!!❤🤣🐐🐰
BA6C0879-4AB0-475A-9544-784DBD03F212.jpeg
A6A54A81-FABD-4636-8CC3-297B22196BC2.jpeg
EEBFE34A-3FAE-473C-A42D-5311A0A57BEE.jpeg
079CF63E-62B8-4DAD-B3B9-910A2F5EF95E.jpeg
0D6E2144-C2EE-4200-AB89-D1C5496DDC71.jpeg
43EDD6F4-33CE-4460-90C5-EDC6A0A611E9.jpeg

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got my new buns...no @Bruce .....just BUNNIES!🤣🐰🐰🐰. They are sooo darned cute! But of course the one, that the lady swore had been bred and had kindled this week..was NOT EVEN BRED! Hmmmm...ok, so, I’m finally starting to realize that...hmmm, some people lie? 😩. Hate that....but, whatever, I’m still happy that I got my harlequin doe.
More news on the farm. i was pretty sure that my goat Brandy got bred in the back of the Saturn on the ride home when we bought her and the buck...🤣🤣🤣. I know what you’re thinking @Bruce ...I’m sure there was some cheesy music on to set the mood🤣❤🐐. Anyways...I’ve been watching her grow....kind of knowing....yep...he got her...got my confirmation today as I was rubbing her belly on the stand....I had been drying her off...anyways...I felt this one...bump..then.....wait...them..yep, in a different spot, there it went again!! Not gas, nit the rumen..noooo where near..these were tiny hooves?! I swear I thought I was loosing it! It was the best!! So, until today, I really wasn’t in goat-momma gear....I was getting ready, but...I’m trying hard not to get excited...because I don’t want to get attached....well..that’s blown!!now I’m just praying they come out really homely so I don’t want to keep them🤣🤣. Fat chance on that! So, now the calculations, mean both girls are due on the 20th....15 days!! I’ve only got one stall up!! Told Chris today I definitely need another right away. Luckily, we just dismantled it all, so putting it back up, is easy, just a snap.

Oh, poor Marie met her fate yesterday. She actually didn’t have that much fat on her! Since he bought a 5th freezer, we still have freezer room to go to the discounted grocery store and stock back up on ice cream!❤❤❤❤

oh, here’s a real question for the goaties... @rachels.haven .. @B&B Happy goats .. @Mini Horses ... @chickens really ... @Jesusfreak101 ...anyone else?? If I bottle feed the kids...how soon can I sell the “ugly” ones? 🤣🤣🤣❤❤❤ Only asking because my nephew is having an engagement party in Pgh on the 5th....soooooo, we have absolutey no one that I would trust to care for the kids while we run to this party for the day..,which means we take..4-5 kids along....not impossible, but...kind of rediculous.....especially since my family is very prissy.... anyways..the real question is...can I sell these kids..if they are homely...lol...at a few days-week old? I know if they stay with mom they have to be 8 weeks. I’m planning to bottle feed so I don’t get so attached. I cannot keep alll of the kids this year. I have ten....I can ONLY Keep 1-2...if tge very best does....and with planning to breed 8 does over the next say...7-8 months....I could potentially have 21 kids on th3 ground! No way!! I love my goaties..but I never want my farm so big tgat I can’t name my animals!

So, some advice on how fast I can sell would be great. I would kind of like to keep another buck...because a Ferdinand gets lonely even though he has other farm animals in with him.,he wants a goat. I’m not putting Willy, my wether In with Fred..because he’s my baby and I don’t want. To separate him from his family....itd be different if we had a new buck and that’s all he ever knew? At least I hope!?
ok, here are some pictures of Brandy..and of course my new bunnies!!❤🤣🐐🐰View attachment 76696View attachment 76697View attachment 76698View attachment 76699View attachment 76700View attachment 76701

forgot to add...more kits born today...mini rex VM pair...more chicks..this was the only planned hatch!!🤣🤣🤣. And this is one of our m8ni piglets ❤️ Oh, and the waiting list grew again today..2 more people...can you even believe it???
15933DF5-DE61-415A-BBF6-52F03D840B4C.jpeg
5C058D04-8684-479D-9914-99183592FFD9.jpeg
BD734161-267E-46DC-B36F-BF99FA68F178.jpeg
872A6EE7-506E-47D1-97B0-F07F7E13FC6C.jpeg

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey Denise around here they get sold as earlier as three days old. Long enough for the breeders to make sure they get colostrum and they also send them with a gallon to half a gallon of milk just for the kid so they can be switch over to replacer or cow milk. Just depends on what you want to do. I don't genernally sale mine until they are off the bottle but i havent really sold that many to began with.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I'm new to the goat scene but my friends keep them one to two weeks to make sure the babies are taking the bottle well and not developing pneumonia or runny poops. I'm sure you will know if they are ready to be sold. You might need to hire a kid sitter that day? If I was close I'd be there in a heartbeat to feed the babies for you..❤️🐐

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got my new buns...no @Bruce
I've heard rumors they can do that in Brazil ;)

I know what you’re thinking @Bruce
I'm thinking: It was nice of you to be watching the road so they had some privacy.

Only asking because my nephew is having an engagement party in Pgh on the 5th
Oh, a bottle baby goat, what a great engagement gift!

I’m planning to bottle feed so I don’t get so attached.
OK, this I do not understand. Seems like a person would get MORE attached if they were hand feeding the babies rather than letting the mom do it mostly unseen out in the barn.