C&D Farming pig adventures!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, for any of you who have read my journal you know we just purchased, in the last month, 3 non-pregnant American mini pigs, one boar, and 2 pregnant sows. The one, Paris, is on piglet watch! We have not ever helped birth piglets, so this is all new to us. Goat kidding was a blast and challenging, so, this can’t be much harder? The farm we got the pigs from was very helpful, and they said they will continue to help me will questions, but, of course, I will be relying on BYH for my info. The woman said they didn’t use farrowing crates but sometimes put up a piece of wood for the piglets to get away from mom. We will do that. She said the pigs often burry the babies in the hay. :). She also said that piglets have shark teeth, (super sharp) for a long time. Didn’t know that! So, I think this is all I can think of at this second. I’m sure I’ll write more in a bit. Can anyone offer some wonderful advice for this newbie? :fl These are the ones that are not pregnant...the black one with the dab of white on his head is the male. The girls were pretty skittish when we first got them, but now they are suddenly coming around! chris thinks it’s all because of him...:lol: He’s sooo bad
258B753B-779D-486E-AE5E-54E029FC937E.jpeg
8FE43E24-8516-4490-8F10-5C34E8D49D71.jpeg