Cabinchick's Daily Weight Loss Journal

Cabinchick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Excited to join Red Hot Mamas! Didn't start my diet today, but will post what I DID eat :hide My struggles, aside from portion control, are drinking enough water and of course getting daily excercise (cardio).
My plan is to lose 50 pounds by July 27- the day my niece gets married. I started dieting the first week in November and had lost 30 pounds by the end of the month. Christmas fun and food caused me to gain back ten pounds, but I'm back to finish my goal.
I also have health issues so I am adding information that my MD requests from me at our visits.

Personal Info: Married, mother of three young adult children. 2 Grandsons and a Grandaughter :weee due on 1/23/2012 via C-Section. All live in another state :hit
Name: Connie
Religion: Yes, Christian.
State: Idaho
Employer: Not anymore, I'm an early retiree :clap
Hobbies: My animals and ranch. Trying to be a patient, loving wife (sometimes I struggle at this too!) Fixing up this log home we bought as an estate sale.
Ranch Critters: 1 St. Bernard, 1 Cocker Spaniel, 1 Mini Dauschaund. 3 Myotonic Goats. 16 chickens. 1 Anotolian Shepherd on hold until she's a bit older - currently 4 weeks. 1 Cat.

Date:1/3/2012

weight: 194 pounds

meds taken: 3

Breakfast: coffee with lots of half and half and splenda
time:5:00 AM
what was eaten: just coffee
Water: 16 oz
Calories:unknown

Snack: orange
Water: 16 oz.
Calories: unknown

lunch: baked potato with butter
time: 1:30pm

supper: Creamy Wild Rice and Chicken Soup, glass of Zin
time:8:00PM
Water:16 oz

snack: Chips, and cookies before bed
Time: 3:00pm

workout routine for today:stacked wood,
length of workout: 20 minutes

Ewww...I hate to even read this. How unhealthy. Tomorrow I will do better!

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
:celebrate on joining the RHM youwill get better, most of us are doing the Weight Watcher Points because it is based on a wholesome meal meaning balance protein, fat, fiber and so on
as far as coffe you would count the half and half which it should show on my journal as I too love it. ( thank God that I can't get light cream where I currently live)
Weight Watchers has a 1 week free online so you can get a feel for the point tracker and what you should be eating every day as far as points to lose weight.
If you don't eat enough you won't lose the weight or if you do it is muscle weight you lose not fat.
:hugs YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
pictures of you help if you wpuld like to post some.

redtailgal

Reaction score
Cabinchick said:
Ewww...I hate to even read this. How unhealthy. Tomorrow I will do better!
I dont think you did too bad. Stacking wood is an excellent workout. As for diet, yes there is room for improvement, but its wasnt so bad (cept maybe the chips and cookies, lol)

Glad to see your weight loss journal and looking forward to your first :weee :clap :celebrate moment with us!

Cabinchick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
This picture was taken in September 2012. We had just moved into our new home in Idaho. Look at all those chins :ep
4087_samanthas_visit_007.jpg

This picture was taken in May 2009 at my eldest son's wedding. I felt pretty good at this weight :)
4087_dsc01635.jpg

As for the diet, which starts today, I am using the HGC1234 plan for the first week or so. I find it really helps supress my appetite until my stomach shrinks. Not crazy about the side effects though. After that, I stay on the same plan and don't take the drops. I've been on WW many times, and still make the WW Vegetable Soup. But the point system is not my favorite.
Yes, stacking wood is good exercise, but my fibro kicks in the next day or two. Not fun. Walking is better for me - just a personal choice. I love to spend time with my dogs anyway and it keeps them in shape.

Thanks for the encouragement, it's a big help :)

Cabinchick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
http://www.hcg1234.com

My BIL and FTL both used this and each lost over 50 pounds. They claim that they are keeping it off (they live in a different state so I don't get to SEE this for myself) and eating normally, but making healthier choices. After being on this plan for two weeks, my mind was running so fast that I couldn't sleep. Yuck. But prior to that I felt good, which is why I'm just going to use it to jump start my diet.
Oh goodness! My DH is making our home raised pork sausage, gravy and biscuits for breakfast. It smells sooo good :drool But I will be strong - he doesn't know yet that I'm dieting, usually he is very supportive :)

marlowmanor

Reaction score
That breakfast does sound delicious! :drool Those drops are expensive! Definately don't have the money to try something like that. Nice to hear it has worked for people though. I think I will stick with my WW pts and take the wieght off a little at a time hoepfully. My goals aren't as close as yours. I'll be happy to lose 50lbs in a year, heck I'd be happy just to get 25-30 lbs off this year!

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. :D WE can do this. You looked great in the wedding photo! I keep a photo of myself when I felt my best hanging on my bathroom mirror. It is great motivation to look at it each morning and tell myself I can look like that again. :D

On another note, I would find it hard to resist the biscuits and sausage gravy. :drool I would have a little and then go light on lunch if it were me. I am not an enabler, I'm just saying sometimes you can balance out your day if you eat a little "bad" for one meal. :D

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Just stopped by to wish you luck in reaching that "Red Hot Mama" status.

K

Cabinchick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Well, I completely bombed yesterday. Forgot about my #1 rule: never go anywhere without a health snack in your purse or pocket. My DH and I went to town to pick up some groceries. That trip led to a trip to Home Depot, Big R, and others. We made it back home 5 hours later. I had eaten an orange at 10:00 AM, but nothing after that. My DH was starving so we stopped at Jack in the Box. I ordered a sourdough cheeseburger instead of a salad.
Have you ever felt like once you go off track, you may as well forget the diet the rest of the day? That's what I do, and I know it's wrong.

Today I have a lunch date set up with a freind. I will be careful about what I eat, but the REAL diet plan starts again tomorrow. I haven't given up, just disappointed in myself :(

Connie

Latest posts