CALF DOWN! HELP! - Update: T-Bone's doing GREAT! THANK YOU!!

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep...he sure is skinny. :( Any way to get some good probios in his feed so he can digest and better utilize his nutrients?

Snowhunter

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Glad to hear he's doin so well Em!!! HE is such a cutie pie! I love the little calves :love

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
That picture is from last week and he's definitely putting on the weight since then :) I'll have to get a new picture for you all.

I've been adding calf manna pellets to his bucket of milk (only way I can get him to eat them) and he sucks up the milk and then eats the soupy pellets. He finally ate dry calf manna pellets yesterday for the first time :)

I banded him yesterday...hope that doesn't set him back though he only seemed upset about it for a little bit and then went about happily munching grass.

I have a good probios powder and a bovine probios paste...I think I'll give him some powder in the milk and a click of the gel too.

Yep, he's got a great hide. He's freezer bound...even though I'm in love with him :rolleyes: I spend a lot of time with him...being one of my first calves and having brought him back from death's door. He loves cheek scratches. I keep telling him he's a cute piece of beef and DH thinks I'm crazy. I'll probably cry over my steaks when the time comes.