Calf with something wrong?!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
jhm, Sorry to hear you lost the heifer calf and to something so simple--stupid cow!
Yellowrosebouquet.jpg

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
sorry to heasr that both of you lost calves in a freak accadent.but the sad thing is we are always gonna loose calves.

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
One of the special things about farmers is that their life forces them to deal with death. Cows die. Stupid cows die more often. All the time (**(&^*&(%^ no matter what we do. c'est la vie
People die too. Famous saying during family and friend deaths : well, somebody still has to milk the cows tonight. Life goes on. That's the way it is.
Now, how can we make the rest of the world realize we can't save everyone, we can't fix everything, we aren't going to live forever.

I shake my head at the dear folks on BYC trying to save every little chick. And the shelter people trying to save and rehome the most disfigured animal. And the hospitals trying to wring every second out of an old (or new) life.
If God had wanted us all to survive indefinitely, hens wouldn't brood a dozen eggs, cats and dogs wouldn't have litters of critters. Now, so far as humans, can we blame Adam and Eve for that?

God, grant me the serenity...etc........ .and the wisdom to know the difference.

And yes, I admit I've cried over dead cows.

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
hey everybody,
just got back on. sorry to hear that we had so many losses they week. :(

sparkles2307

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Yes, I am a big softie, I cry when we lose babies, but I also realize that sometimes the cost of having the vet come out is too much when you know that the animal is gone anyway. I also dont see myself using an eyedropper to feed a chick every hour... God does things that we dont understand for the best of everyone so let it be.

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
sparkles2307 said:
Yes, I am a big softie, I cry when we lose babies.
Crying is all right. It's a natural reaction. For me, it helps to remember, like you said, God has a plan for us all. He knows best, and in the end, that plan will make itself apparent.

RIP, calf.