Aneesa's Muse

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I must say, I don't think my DH would let me have a cow in the backyard ...not here, in the city.. but I have raised cows and I plan to have another sometime in the future..

...once I've convinced him that country is wayyy better than city living ;)

Any other CA'ers?

Harbisgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am one of several admins on the "California Homesteaders" Facebook page, if anyone is interested. This group is for anyone who is interested in living a more self-sufficient, homesteading life, with a focus on those of us living in California. Its new, so we have a small following but hopefully we'll get more people so we have more knowledge and information that can be shared amongst ourselves. So if you are interested, feel free to join :)

~Sabrina

TheNewMrsEvans

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Just moved back to CA, living south of Monterey in an area called Big Sur. We have Nubian goats, chickens and ducks. Trying to get everyone settled in...lots to do and build!
Wondering if anyone in the area has a good lead on hay. Found the feed store, but we'll go broke on their prices!
Glad to be back in Cali!!!

Heather Law

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Way Northern California.. aka State of Jefferson. No cows here either, we have pigs, chickens, dogs, cats, and a koi, and possibly someday some rabbits as well.
Hey same here! State of Jefferson :fl
I have chickens and ducks but goats look to be in my near future which is how I ended up here. I’m a lost chicken lady who stumbled into goat county and probably am stuck for life now since DH said “yeah, goats sound like a great idea”. Gonna run with that before he can change his mind :lol:

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

Not from CA but, WI. Tell DH that the country is wayyyy better. More room. Away from noisy neighbors. Can be load and not worry. Plenty of room for the kids/grandkids to run and play. ;)

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope we get some CA people on here. We probably won't ever have a cow, but we'd love to visit someone who does!!!

okiron

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
California here though we don't have any cows lol. Would love to have them someday (though not here)

norcal

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I wandered over here from the BYchickens message board. As I'm now the owner of a couple wethers (and will for sure have many questions). :)

We have 5 acres in Northern California (Sierra Nevada foothills). It's kind of hilly and only 1/2 cleared (the other 1/2 is chaparral). So, yes, we're in a fire hazard zone, hence the goats. Hopefully they will help us clear the lower 2.5 (like the back 40, but the back 2.5, ha). :)