California

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just tell him he can pee off the back porch and no one will see/care.

That seems to be a big seller in our neck of the woods for getting men to move to the country. LOL.

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hard sometimes to get those city fellows to realize that the country is where it's at! :welcome from the deep south. I was raised in the city and my dh was born and raised in the country, but I'm more country that he is. :)

Rosewynd

Just born
Reaction score
Southern CA here! We have dogs, goats, chickens, and rabbits. And one pig.

The cows will come as soon as I get more fencing.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone. The SSF sent me over here.

I'm in the Sierra Foothills, Murphys to be exact. We don't have any herds yet, but I'm thinkin' about a pig or two.

<escaped from Silicon Valley>

ChookHappy

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hey all from Petaluma, Ca! I'm over here from BYC. We moved onto a dairy farm last July and have fallen in love. We have 8 chickens and a dozen chicks that we just got. The owner has probably 400 or so head of cattle and probably half of them are heifers. I've fallen in love with one of them named "3835". She's a real sweetheart lol. Comes to me when I call her by number("name" lol) and all. It's pretty funny. She's one of the older ones so I guess she has just gotten more used to people but most of them that age still run away from me. Oh they are all Holstein cows btw.

Lil Chickie Mama

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Bebop said:
Hi! I'm in the Central Valley! I don't have cows. I do have an angora rabbit and really want some nigis.
>^.^<
Central Valley chick here too! No cows here, but I have chickens and will have nigis in April and probably some meat rabbits before you know it. :frow

Nausicaa

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi :D Just recently moved from the city around Riverside County, waay up north near Las Vegas NV. My new home/ranch is literally on the CA/NV border.

It's amazing when after living for years around the city smog layer and constant noise, how quiet it is in the country. Usually the only sounds outside now are of cows, chickens, horses, and the breeze.

It's soooooo nice to be out of the city!! :)

CheerioLounge

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hello from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert. We currently keep chickens, but we're interested in pigs. We are trying our hand at homesteading and would really love to become self sustaining.

Anyone out this way keeping pigs that could offer some advice?

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
:frow Hi from Central California, Hanford, an hour south of Fresno. We have Chickens (Silkies, Marans, Americanas, BLRW, Cochins, and a few others), Sebastapol geese, Call ducks, Nigerians and a Nubian, Cats, Dogs, American Fuzzy Lops, Koi fish, Doves, A pet Rat....I think that's it....Oh wait!....One very patient if not quite indulgent husband that I love very much!!( :D brownie points???) and 4 teens for sale or trade...first offer accepted....no really! :lol:
Kat