Can anyone tell me what day of incubation this egg is on?

Chantel93

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Sounds like it's making progress that is exciting. Just remember they take a long time to hatch so don't get impatient and think you need to help.
Yes, lots of movement and chirps. I'm very impatient but I know better than to try and help. I've already read up on that quite a bit. :) Thank you for the advice though! I can't wait to see this little chick. I'm so excited!:celebrate:love

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Have never tried to raise an egg and candle from inception to incubation in all my years of chickens... this is an awsum post! Thank You @Chantel93, can't wait to see the baby!
I have a real easy way to make a sturdy, handsfree candler for even those without a bunch of tools. If you are interested just p.m. me, I will go take a few pics and measurements for ya...
Pipping...:pop pipping some more...:caf was that another small chirp...:pop

Chantel93

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Something went wrong... She didn't make it and I'm completely devastated.

Chantel93

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
:hugs It's so hard to lose them after all that.
My heart is broken. :( She made another pip hole and I thought she was going to hatch out finally but I waited amd waited amd she just kept moving and chirping and I woke up this morning and there was nothing..

Chantel93

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank you all for your help and support. She looked like a perfect little healthy chick I just don't know why she didn't hatch. We are thinking about making a new and improved incubator and giving it another go. This was not a planned incubation as I explained before our hen stopped sitting on the eggs so the "incubator" definitely could have been better. My 2 (almost 3) year old was so excited for it to hatch. He called it his baby egg and he was always telling it he loved it. It's so so so sad. I just can't help but blame myself for whatever went wrong. :(Again thank you all.

Ravyn

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank you all for your help and support. She looked like a perfect little healthy chick I just don't know why she didn't hatch. We are thinking about making a new and improved incubator and giving it another go. This was not a planned incubation as I explained before our hen stopped sitting on the eggs so the "incubator" definitely could have been better. My 2 (almost 3) year old was so excited for it to hatch. He called it his baby egg and he was always telling it he loved it. It's so so so sad. I just can't help but blame myself for whatever went wrong. :(Again thank you all.

:hugs :hugs

You tried and gave it a chance, more than it would have had if you hadn't tried... that's in no way 'doing something wrong'... glad you are going to plan out and try again... you'll get chicks the next time, you'll see...