1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Bee Hives. Swarm information, history, lessons and more
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Can I pin a post on my thread?

Discussion in 'BackYardHerds - News, Information & Feedback' started by LocoYokel, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Apr 2, 2017
    LocoYokel

LocoYokel Loving the herd life

Hi there!
    I was so excited to find BYH that I jumped in "all four feet first", when I should have tested the waters...
    I would like to pin an introductory post to the top of my journal, after it has been started. Is it possible for members to pin a post on their own threads?
    Thanks for any insight, and Thank You for BYH!

CntryBoy777 likes this.
  2. Apr 2, 2017
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 True BYH Addict

The only thing I can think of is to "Edit" your 1st post and "Insert" it at the beginning of that 1st post. I don't think ya can put a post ahead of that initial post, but can edit the one that is there. I'm not "Tech Savvy" tho, may be others will be able to assist ya.... @Latestarter would probably know the best way to approach it....:)

LocoYokel and Nifty like this.
  3. Apr 2, 2017
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Moderator

You can make a thread a sticky thread, which will make it always show as the first thread when you open the thread list up from the main menu, but I don't know of any way to make a sticky post within a thread. @Support or @Sumi @Nifty do you know if this can be done?

In the mean time, as Cntryboy said, you can go back and edit the original 1st post and re-write it to what you want it to say, or add in the precursor info you wanted first.

LocoYokel and Nifty like this.
  4. Apr 2, 2017
    Nifty

Nifty True BYH Addict Administrator

"Pinning a post" or changing the chronological order of posts isn't an option, but editing the first post with updates and/or content from another post is definitely a great option!

LocoYokel and CntryBoy777 like this.
  5. Apr 2, 2017
    LocoYokel

LocoYokel Loving the herd life

Thank you!
    Editing the first post never crossed my mind... :thumbsup