Can I pin a post on my thread?

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi there!
I was so excited to find BYH that I jumped in "all four feet first", when I should have tested the waters...
I would like to pin an introductory post to the top of my journal, after it has been started. Is it possible for members to pin a post on their own threads?
Thanks for any insight, and Thank You for BYH!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is to "Edit" your 1st post and "Insert" it at the beginning of that 1st post. I don't think ya can put a post ahead of that initial post, but can edit the one that is there. I'm not "Tech Savvy" tho, may be others will be able to assist ya.... @Latestarter would probably know the best way to approach it....:)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
You can make a thread a sticky thread, which will make it always show as the first thread when you open the thread list up from the main menu, but I don't know of any way to make a sticky post within a thread. @Support or @Sumi @Nifty do you know if this can be done?

In the mean time, as Cntryboy said, you can go back and edit the original 1st post and re-write it to what you want it to say, or add in the precursor info you wanted first.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
I would like to pin an introductory post to the top of my journal

"Pinning a post" or changing the chronological order of posts isn't an option, but editing the first post with updates and/or content from another post is definitely a great option!

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you!
Editing the first post never crossed my mind... :thumbsup