Can kids drink cold milk?

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@dejavoodoo114 - Could I feed mine milk that is straight from the refrigerator? It's whole cows milk.
At 8 weeks yes, that is what I used at that time. Whole cows milk from the store. I just took it out of the fridge and poured it in a bowl for them to drink. I would let it warm a bit. Usually just putting it in the jeep and getting to the barn in the summer was enough to warm it some. We never had problems but I kept a close eye on them just in case.

I don't stop giving milk to mine until they are around 12 weeks.

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I was advised that whole cows milk was much better for them than replacer! I warmed mine and they thrived on it!!!

We feed our bottle babies milk from our own cows (unpasteurized). Hildy and Benji are now 8 & 9 weeks old. They are both fat and healthy! :D

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I feed cold cows or goats milk starting at about 4 weeks, I warm it prior to that. When I was working full time I had the kids on the bucket and I would put milk with a bottle of frozen water in the bucket to keep it cold so they could drink it through out the day. I noticed that they didn't seem to mind cold milk at all so I took advantage of that, a lot less work.