1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Nice to see some Back Yard Chickens members here. Let's feature one this week. - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Can someone convert this?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by secuono, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Jun 14, 2019
    secuono

secuono Herd Master

My head says to just cut the dose from the chart in half and it's close enough, under dosed, but that's better than over done.

IDK why they didn't make a chart for the others as well...I'm not buying yet a 4th bottle of ivermectin...

https://www.guinealynx.info/topical_ivermectin_pour-on.html
    0.5% solution
    Each ml contains 5 mg ivermectin (5 mg/ml).
    Guinea pigs are dosed at 0.5mg/kg. This amount of ivermectin is found in 0.1 cc of this solution.
    Screenshot_20190614-173943_Chrome.jpg

But I have the 0.8% solution. I need help getting a chart made for this dosage instead.

http://www.guinealynx.info/ivermectin_products.html

0.8 mg /ml meaning a 0.25ml dose will contain about 0.2 mg ivermectin. Topically - at 0.5 mg/kg

2. Jun 14, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

Ivermectrin has a LARGE overdose safety factor. I'd give it as you say & again in 10 days, and be done.