Can We Keep Mini Donkeys in with Goats?

MrsDieselEngineer

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
If the donkey is the only equine with the goats than it's probably scared and lonely right now. Put her in a pen where she can get acquainted with them first. Also if she was just separated from her foal than she's going to go a bit crazy for a day or two.

goatgirl132

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I keep my horse with my goats and I know several people that keep regular sized donkeys with their goats I don't see a problem with it

goatgirl132

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I keep my horse with my goats and I know several people that keep regular sized donkeys with their goats I don't see a problem with it

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't now about goats and a mini donkey but never put a full sized jack in with heifers or cows. Bad things happen. Jenny or gelded only!

wishin4horses

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I replied to this post over a year ago. It's fun to look back at how much we've learned and changed since we started 2 years ago. I still have the same jenny that scared me so and she turned out to be great. She is the 'princess' of the barnyard and she is definetly part of the herd. We now have 2 ponies and our jenny with our 6 goats in the same barnyard and everyone gets along fine- even when the kids were little. I guess I've learned to be more patient and not rush introductions.

Teeah3612

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Glad to hear this! I would really like to have a mini donkey or two and was planning to put them in with the goats.

wishin4horses said:
I replied to this post over a year ago. It's fun to look back at how much we've learned and changed since we started 2 years ago. I still have the same jenny that scared me so and she turned out to be great. She is the 'princess' of the barnyard and she is definetly part of the herd. We now have 2 ponies and our jenny with our 6 goats in the same barnyard and everyone gets along fine- even when the kids were little. I guess I've learned to be more patient and not rush introductions.