Can you show Nigerians and Kinders in open class in Washington state?

CRKgoats

Just born
Reaction score
From what I know and the people I have talked to, you can only show kinders if you are involved in a 4h program. Is that ture?
Nigerians and other breeds I have heard you can show them in open class and in 4h if you wanted to, just as long as they are adga registered. Is that also ture?

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
From what I know and the people I have talked to, you can only show kinders if you are involved in a 4h program. Is that ture?
Nigerians and other breeds I have heard you can show them in open class and in 4h if you wanted to, just as long as they are adga registered. Is that also ture?

Yes and no. It depends a lot on your particular local people running fairs or shows. You should be able to show in most open classes with kinders but ask someone ahead of time. Also not all 4-h/fairs will allow kinders so ask about that with your local groups/fairs as well.

As far as I know all goats that are ADGA can be shown in any ADGA sanctioned show and any 4-h/fairs.

Our local 4-h/fairs here will let any animals do 4-h, registered, grade, mutts, anything doesnt matter but they require diary breeds to be dehorned and meat breeds to have horns. They also require scrapie tags or tattoos.