Canesisters 2023 journal - turning my Disasters into Delights

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m laughing. Things go wrong, meltdown, why is that sort of stuff so funny to somebody else? Only because I’ve done similar things.
Things go wrong. You fixed it. Give yourself a big loud GO GIRL, I FREAKING DID IT!!

Heck yeah!
Lately I can't seem to get through one of these types of things without a brief meltdown. Usually accompanied by something like "JUST ONCE!!! Is it too much to ask to have SOMETHING be easy just ONCE?? Why does EVERYTHING have to be SO HARD!!"
Also usually followed by flashes of alllll the things that DO go right and ARE easy all day every day... and then an "I'm sorry." and getting back to work.:rolleyes:

And when things DO go sideways.. it DOES make for good stories doesn't it ;)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My “all goes wrong” usually is accompanied along with a face plant because I tripped over something and splattered myself. My screams aren’t anything I’d want anybody to hear.
Throwing things always makes one feel better, picking them up makes one feel a little foolish and glad no one is around.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
wanted to add - in case this might help anyone out

With these old car jacks - whatever sort of handle is made to attach to that little ring on the left side to trun the screw and raise/lower the jack... IF you can get your drill to grab the other end, you can raise and lower your jack MUCH faster.
Very helpful when you have to raise it, lower it, move the door 3", raise it, lower it, move the door back 1", raise it, lower it, move the door another inch, door falls off the jack, start over.......

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is the orange feeder that the Angus is eatingout of the bed of a wheelbarrow? Really clever!!! I may steal that idea.
YES!!!! No matter what sort of tub I tried, she would pick up a mouth full, hold her head level, and dribble all over the back. The broken wheelbarrow was part of my 'useful stuff horde' that had to find a home or get tossed during the big barn cleanup. Now, no matter how she slings her nose, the feed falls right back into the feeder. It leaks out of the 4 holes that the bolts went though to attach the handles - I've got to plug those somehow.