Canesisters 2023 journal - turning my Disasters into Delights

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here's one of yesterday's Afters!!

My barn cleaning buddy's husband came over Friday with a SUPRISE!!! That big dump trailer we used in the cleanup - it was filled with gravel!!!! 🎉🎊🤗
Apparently it was left over from a job & needed to be removed from the job site before the loader left Sat AM, so he came home & grabbed his trailer, loaded up & dumped it in my driveway!!!!! 🤗🤗🤗
Sat AM he drove his tractor over & spread it in the front part of the barn where I've had so much mud problems & out to the driveway! I'm SOO EXCITED & SO SO SO GRATEFUL for such amazing friends!!!
View attachment 96581View attachment 96582View attachment 96583View attachment 96584
Had anyone ever loved a pile of gravel as much as I'm loving this pile of gravel???? 🥰
SUPER DUPER WOW...... :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:weee:weee:celebrate:celebrate:yesss::yesss:

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Farm Lesson #78

Motion Sensing Driveway Alarms are NOT a good idea.

I had bought a driveway alarm to use at work - some of that 'trying to get along' with the difficult co-worker stuff. It was taken off the scale ramp a couple of months ago and since I paid for it, I took it home thinking that it would be useful.
Oh Suzanna! playing loudly from the utility room at 2:15am IS NOT USEFUL!!! Apparently I neglected to remember that DEER are also in motion on my driveway

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don’t have motion sensors, I got something better! DOGS! Deer use my front pasture to trail through to the road, go under the fence(still barbed wire) . The dogs go barking mad at all hours of the night.

Yesterday morning I counted 10 deer in the southeast corner of my property. They melted back into the forest behind me.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don’t have motion sensors, I got something better! DOGS! Deer use my front pasture to trail through to the road, go under the fence(still barbed wire) . The dogs go barking mad at all hours of the night.

Yesterday morning I counted 10 deer in the southeast corner of my property. They melted back into the forest behind me.
I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss having a dog 😢

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as @Mini Horses - not home enough.
Weekdays I'm practically an absentee owner. Gone from 6AM to 6PM or longer some days. 6 to 4:30 at a minimum.
The BEST dogs I ever had - those 'Once in a lifetime' kind of dogs (I had 2 🥰 ) I had while I was working at the kennel & vet's office. They went to work with me every day so we had that special connection of spending ALL day EVERY day together. The next 2 were practically 'yard dogs' that I only interacted with in the evenings and weekends. :( They also were somewhat tormented by the roommate which didn't help their (or my own) mental state.

One day... Next Year.... When I retire... :rolleyes:

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yall wish me luck.
IF I can overcome this 'farm work inertia' that has hit the past couple of weekends, and IF I don't hurt my wrist using the T-post driver- I'll be posting picts of that chicken coop expansion by Sunday afternoon.
It's been rainy and gloomy for a couple of days - but tomorrow is supposed to be breezy and nearly 70!! 🌞