Canesisters 2023 journal - turning my Disasters into Delights

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why should you continue to alternate closing on long days? You offered to be nice, now she expects it and is not thankful or grateful. My suggestion is to do YOUR job and stop closing for her, which is HER job, as I understand it. That will really piss her off and she will ultimately quit. It won’t be like you are doing anything wrong, you will still be doing YOUR job, just not hers. Better yet, inform her in a letter, copy to your boss. I’m willing to bet he’s as tired of her drama as you are.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh he is soooo sick of her mess!!
Yesterday - while I was doing both jobs - he came by & asked how I was doing. I said I was "doing it ALL & making it look easy because I'm not a whiney 2-faced little 💩" He laughed so hard he got choked! 🤣
I'm just done trying to make it work. I've tried for 9 months.
I offered to help with the long days. I'll honor that.
I'm not trying to get her fired....or help her get herself fired... or whatever.
I was polite & professional while she was hateful & rude, & pretending I didn't exist.
I'll continue being like that, because of who I am...regardless of who she is.
That last straw just burned down the bridge over the camel's broken back.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe.
She just came down - on her way to close the gate for the day - and said that she Would like for me to continue alternating closing on the long days and that I had misunderstood, those multiple snarky notes (about me not closing for her and including my name) weren't about me at all View attachment 96105... they were referencing a conversation she was having with her sister on the phone..... View attachment 96106
I'm so done with this. It's just what I do to pay for the life I live away from here.

Going home on this cold rainy day - gonna bundle up - maybe even light one of those emergency kerosene heater we put up in the attic - and sort out all my fencing things. Maybe even brave the mud and play with the cows a little.
This place and it's drama-drama may take up most of my time but it's just not worth much of my energy. I've got better things to do.

View attachment 96108View attachment 96109:jumpy:yaView attachment 96107
I am not very computer literate... but where did you get those cute cow icons?????

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not very computer literate... but where did you get those cute cow icons?????
I've got a file on my work computer where I've been stealing & saving cute icon/emoji things for years. Once you have them, you can insert like a picture.
At work, I right-click on the picture and "save as" into a folder.
Not sure how it would work on a phone.
Edited to add - on this phone, touch & hold the image, click 'copy to clipboard', then come back to a post & 'paste clipboard'.
1675332089788.png

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tonight's Barn Reno:
I started putting together a little bitty fencing 'store'. I've sorted a whole cart full of insulators, gate handles, tensioner, etc into all my spare buckets. Now that I can see which I have 5 of and which I have 50 of, I just need to figure out what I have that I can store them in - kinda like a hardware store's nuts & bolts bins.
Then I'll coil up the spare fence wire bits & hang & probably cut a plastic barrel to hold all the spare posts.
Before
20230202_164736.jpg

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use free cat litter tubs. They are stackable and sturdy. A quick spray paint over printing gives a nice spot for labelling contents.
I have a few of those.. but I have a LOT of those jugs.
I saw (pin-to-resist) where someone had cutout the pour-hole plus a little of the side - which gave them a handle to lift the little jug/bucket but still plenty deep to hold lots of stuff.
Going to play with it tonight. Some only have a few pieces - so might end up in baggies in a big tackle box...?

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
18° ...... 🥶

Last 'room' in the barn clean out is today. My barn cleaning buddy's husband wants his dump trailer back.... but DANG! This is going to be an unpleasant morning.
Hoping I can switch to this afternoon so it might at least be UP to freezing.

Beggers can't be choosers. She's happily given me the last several weekends & I'm LOVING the results so far 🥰. I just hate being cold.