canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
He seems pretty content with the hot pepper flakes...... :rolleyes:
1679052639559.png

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I still had a pickup, I'd trap them and bring them to work with me. Possums can always survive at a landfill.
But I don't want to put him in my car... and I'm no good anymore at shooting them in the cage. I just barely missed one once and he bled & thrashed terribly for a couple of mins. Now I flinch when I pull the trigger and am much more likely to miss & repeat the drama.
Someone should breed little miniature livestock guardian dogs specifically to live with the chickens. Sleep in the coop, hang out with them and chase off crows & hawks.... bark at nightime visitors.....

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I still had a pickup, I'd trap them and bring them to work with me. Possums can always survive at a landfill.
But I don't want to put him in my car... and I'm no good anymore at shooting them in the cage. I just barely missed one once and he bled & thrashed terribly for a couple of mins. Now I flinch when I pull the trigger and am much more likely to miss & repeat the drama.
Someone should breed little miniature livestock guardian dogs specifically to live with the chickens. Sleep in the coop, hang out with them and chase off crows & hawks.... bark at nightime visitors.....
I know it's too big - but food for thought --- we have a Squirelinator -- a very good trap. It came with a pan that you fill with water - get squirrels in the trap, set the trap in the waterfilled tray, (walk away) , and presto dead squirrels - that we put out on a boulder and the hawks take care of the rest.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know it's too big - but food for thought --- we have a Squirelinator -- a very good trap. It came with a pan that you fill with water - get squirrels in the trap, set the trap in the waterfilled tray, (walk away) , and presto dead squirrels - that we put out on a boulder and the hawks take care of the rest.
I did the same with livetrap and trash can for an evil woodchuck in Iowa. It would come up to my old dog Umbra and chase her the distance of her teather. 😡