Canesisters 2023 journal - turning my Disasters into Delights

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Old trucks can be more valuable than you think. What year, make and model? Even if it’s a total junker, if the old man is happy tinkering with it, then he dies happy. He has something to do, getting the truck running again. His kids have something to treasure, Dad’s truck that he was working on. Or they just get rid of it, but if he’s happy, that’s all that matters.
Find out if he wants to buy it or fix it for you. Maybe it can be made dependable again.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
No, I don't know any of his children, unfortunately.
He'll bring the battery back this afternoon and we'll see if it will start.
IF it starts, we can pump up the tires (maybe) and drive it the 1/2mile or so to his carport.
It'll be in plain sight of his kids and hopefully one of them will get involved if necessary.
Maybe he'll bring this guy that he said can help him. Then I can get a feel if it's on the up & up.

I've been learning at work to silently chant the mantra "That's not a ME problem, that's a YOU problem", it's starting to work in the office... but I have such a tender heart for the elderly and how the world treats them.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Old trucks can be more valuable than you think. What year, make and model? Even if it’s a total junker, if the old man is happy tinkering with it, then he dies happy. He has something to do, getting the truck running again. His kids have something to treasure, Dad’s truck that he was working on. Or they just get rid of it, but if he’s happy, that’s all that matters.
Find out if he wants to buy it or fix it for you. Maybe it can be made dependable again.
'98 chevy S-10

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not a collector item. Worth $800 for a clinker to $2600 for a cherry. You don’t want it. You could delight your neighbor and give it to him. It can become his project and getting it running can be a goal and keep him active and busy. Gets it out of your yard. Win-Win.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Long afternoon revamping the "bulb garden"
Lifted anything green - glads & daffodils mostly
Added several buckets of old stall cleanings
Tilled again
Dug up the iris that I planted last Sat in a bad location
Planted iris, 3 kinds of day lily, lots of daffodils & some little mystery bulbs - crocus maybe
Didn't have room for the glads to go back, and they weren't happy there anyway, so created a new bed just for them
Tossed a few random lillys in amongst some big rocks at the gate
Repacked what is going to live another few days in the garden cart
Watered it all
Picked out all the junk stuck in the tiller
SHOWER TIME!
20230519_170556.jpg

20230519_181559.jpg

20230519_185516.jpg

20230519_165753.jpg