Canesisters 2023 journal - turning my Disasters into Delights

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
... old junk truck update.
The neighbor & his 'helper' came over sometime while I was gone and drug the truck out into my driveway, put the battery back in, I don't know if it started but it was dead when I got home - the key was in & 'on'. They swept out the junk & year-old funky water from bed and left.
No word from the neighbor since then. The number that I have is old. My Dad has his current number - and since it was the neighbor & Dad who started all this, I left it with Dad to find out what's going on.
So I've got a junker with 2 FLAT tires sitting in my driveway. I picked up the junk and tossed it back in the bed & am a little miffed that they would just leave it like that - no word, no note, no voice mail, truck & trash in the driveway... I can't move it back (up hill) where it was alone & with flat tires :mad:

Oh well... at lease it'll be easy for the scrap metal guy to get it - do they still do that?? Pickup up junkers and haul away???
Maybe the kidney foundation??? Didn't they used to take old cars??? Or only running ones that can be re-sold????

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, the scrap dealers will come get a vehicle... if something doesn't get definitely decided with your dad and this neighbor, then call a scrap yard. Do you have the title? They will discount if there is no title... here it is $50 less for no title....
I would make it clear to your dad that something must be done with it and that you will not tolerate them just dumping the stuff out in your yard/driveway.

I'd also take the key out and put it in the house and tell your dad that you have the key and they are not to be just doing this stuff when you are not home, unless he is going to be there.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
... old junk truck update.
The neighbor & his 'helper' came over sometime while I was gone and drug the truck out into my driveway, put the battery back in, I don't know if it started but it was dead when I got home - the key was in & 'on'. They swept out the junk & year-old funky water from bed and left.
No word from the neighbor since then. The number that I have is old. My Dad has his current number - and since it was the neighbor & Dad who started all this, I left it with Dad to find out what's going on.
So I've got a junker with 2 FLAT tires sitting in my driveway. I picked up the junk and tossed it back in the bed & am a little miffed that they would just leave it like that - no word, no note, no voice mail, truck & trash in the driveway... I can't move it back (up hill) where it was alone & with flat tires :mad:

Oh well... at lease it'll be easy for the scrap metal guy to get it - do they still do that?? Pickup up junkers and haul away???
Maybe the kidney foundation??? Didn't they used to take old cars??? Or only running ones that can be re-sold????
Well grrrr - not nice to leave it like that. Hopefully they just got it set up to take but ran out of time and/or energy. A note of some sort would have been nice.
Not sure around your area about junker pick-up. We had to have an old, non-running motorhome towed away - tried to give it away (the inside was still good, and even clean - but the engine and generator were totally destroyed by mice) -- no one would take it, even junkers. We had to pay to have it taken away. Fingers crossed for you.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
What the heck?! Just come on your property, move your stuff around, toss the junk onto the driveway, leave the non-op truck in new inconvenient place and then leave? And no apologies or discussion with you about it?! Were they just going to take the truck if it ran and the tires stayed inflated? This is really not ok. I would talk to dad, and even have words with this supposedly "nice old guy" who had the gall to do this. After that I would not worry about him getting "taken" by someone - looks more like he is the "taker"!

Planted area looks really lovely. Will be gorgeous when in bloom! Love those rototillers! You will have a great assist for a veggie garden too!

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Somewhere else on BYH I was whining and complaining about feeling helpless because I have to rely on others to mow my pastures & the guy who said he would; came over while I was at work one day & mowed but NOT the pastures. 🥺
Well yesterday I got a text saying that he would come tomorrow (Friday) around noon if I could have the cows locked up.
YIKES!! All day???? So I texted back that I would see what I could rig up once I got home and let them know ASAP.
When I got home I moved some 12'gate panels & was figuring out how to rig up something to hold enough hay for 2 cows for 12hrs when I got another text.
"Hey, you home yet"
"Yep. I'm setting up a way to leave the girls in tomorrow so he can come whenever he's free. Thanks!"
"He just got home and wants to know if he can come now?"
"YES!!!!!! 🎉🎉🎉"
And not only did he bush hog all those nasty buttercups but he also moved all the muck/manure from around the hay ring!!!
One day I'll learn to STOP whining and wait - because God's timing ALWAYS bring extra blessings.

Then - while he was mowing, I got almost all of the rest of those plants from my gardening friend in the ground - finally! All that's left is a couple of clumps of lillies, a couple of clumps of sedum and a BUNCH of those daffodil bulbs that I dug up from the other bed. All of those are going in tonight (if it's not raining) around a pine tree with some vinca.
Then, hopefully, with 2 days of showers forecasted, everything will have a good long drink and be settled in & ready for the summer. :D =D

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hooray for you and your neighbor.... need to bake them a cake or take some eggs or something .... and even offer to pay them if it is not already agreed on... And yep, I do my share of moaning and groaning about people and sometimes they come back and surprise me and "redeem themselves" and then I get to feeling contrite. None of us are perfect... ow. and I am glad that you got all that done.... Plus the plants put in.
Yes, if we get some of the rain forecast it will really settle in anything that is planted... I am hoping for a good rain to get the garden jump started now....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hooray! Bush hogged, manure cleaned up, all nice and neat. Plants in the ground and rain on the way to water everything in good.

You are allowed to whine and complain here. Sometimes you just gotta let it out.