Can't wait for my book to arrive on Camelidynamics :-)

MrsCountryChick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Has anyone else used their techniques? How quick of a response did you get for each training session? You can Never have too much information! :)

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I have been to a few of Marty's clinics. It can work very well. There is actually more for you to learn than the alpaca/llama. It really makes things easier once you catch on.

luvmycritters42

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I got the book a few months ago. I haven't had a lot of time to work with my girls since then, but I am seeing some nice improvements. I've probably only done 15 minutes once a week....if that... with each of them.... I have 2. They are less fearful (they no longer try to jump over the pen wall when I shut them in.) and are tolerating me putting a rope on them. It's slow going and I wish I could make more time to work with them. :) Good luck!

MrsCountryChick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That's great that yours are doing well luvmycritters. :) I guess mine are pretty good overall. They're not fearful of me walking up to them or of me entering the fence... they all come to greet us & gather around like a "fuzzy gang" when we come near, LOL. :lol: But I do have 2 of my girls that are skiddish about being touched. I'm not wanting to hug or hang over them or anything, I just want to be able to come near & put a halter on them with them being comfortable. & should I reach near them I'd like them to not move like I shocked them, lol. These two will take a treat of grass from my hand, but that's about it unless I'm spreading hay, etc. So I'm at the very least wanting to get a good handle on being able to handle them with them being comfortable & not scared or jumpy. I'm readng away. :)

herdnerd

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I bought the book at the suggestion of the owner of my 'hopefully' new guardian llama. He is in training at her farm now. I will be visiting tomorrow so I have been reading the book every chance I get. I am a bit nervous but reading the book gives me hope!!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
herdnerd said:
I bought the book at the suggestion of the owner of my 'hopefully' new guardian llama. He is in training at her farm now. I will be visiting tomorrow so I have been reading the book every chance I get. I am a bit nervous but reading the book gives me hope!!
I'll be so happy to have someone else on the forum who uses a guard llama :D

Latest posts