Cat Diet

LickTheCow

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
How can you make a cat do exercise? If this is real... I'm gonna let my cat do some training :weee :weee

This is indeed real! My indoor cat, Daisy, needs everyday stimulation because she’s a Sokoke mix. (Sokoke cats are extra robust!)

One, I use toys. Toys I can throw. She seems to like it when birds fly, so a flying toy is just as good!
I also use toys that she can play with herself, that dangle from a string and attach to something.
Catnip toys are also good, but some cats don’t like catnip.

Some things I don’t do with her is the running wheel, food-holding toys, etc.

Food-holding toys make your cat work for their food, so they eat slower and even eat less.

The running wheel is... interesting. Your cat has to be toy or treat-motivated. When they first start, it takes a bit for them to get used to the wheel. But, if the cat starts to use it themselves, they’ll be fit in no-time.

Another thing to exercise your cat, is to walk it on a leash. Personally, I haven’t been able to do that with Daisy, but all cats are different.

One last thing to help your kitty to exercise or loose weight, is to give it some places to climb around the house. Some cats prefer not to climb, those cats often hide more, but others love it! My cat prefers to climb, so she has a cat tree. She has to go up on the cat tree in order to get treats, so it gives her something to look forward to and motivate her to go up.

Hope these help exercise (or “train”) your cat!

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I tried having my cat on a leash, he never did like it, but I really like him in it, he seems more behave and doesn't litter too much. I think I'll let him stay in it for a while.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey guys, me again.

Remember Tiggy, my mom's cat, from my cat spraying thread? Well, our vet said he needs to go on a diet.

Any ideas on what to do?

-MiniGoatsRule
What is the best cat food for weight loss?
Our Top Picks
  • Best Overall: Blue Buffalo Weight Control Natural Cat Food at Amazon.
  • Best Raw: Instinct Raw Boost Healthy Weight Grain-Free Cat Food at Amazon.
  • Best High Protein: Nulo Freestyle Duck & Lentils Dry Cat Food at Amazon.
  • Best Wet Food: AvoDerm Natural Indoor Weight Control Formula at Chewy.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
This is indeed real! My indoor cat, Daisy, needs everyday stimulation because she’s a Sokoke mix. (Sokoke cats are extra robust!)

One, I use toys. Toys I can throw. She seems to like it when birds fly, so a flying toy is just as good!
I also use toys that she can play with herself, that dangle from a string and attach to something.

Food-holding toys make your cat work for their food, so they eat slower and even eat less.

The running wheel is... interesting. Your cat has to be toy or treat-motivated. When they first start, it takes a bit for them to get used to the wheel. But, if the cat starts to use it themselves, they’ll be fit in no-time.

Another thing to exercise your cat, is to walk it on a leash. Personally, I haven’t been able to do that with Daisy, but all cats are different.

One last thing to help your kitty to exercise or loose weight, is to give it some places to climb around the house. Some cats prefer not to climb, those cats often hide more, but others love it! My cat prefers to climb, so she has a cat tree. She has to go up on the cat tree in order to get treats, so it gives her something to look forward to and motivate her to go up.

I hope you can send me a kitten if you have s spare, I really like exotic cats. TIA!!

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey guys, me again.

Remember Tiggy, my mom's cat, from my cat spraying thread? Well, our vet said he needs to go on a diet.

Any ideas on what to do?

-MiniGoatsRule
Blue Buffalo Weight Control Natural Cat Food is what we usually feed our overweight furball before, It seems to be working well. he doesn't look weak, he is so used to eat too much. :D:D:D he can't even jump like normal cats!!

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey guys, me again.

Any ideas on what to do?

-MiniGoatsRule
My neighbor's cat, He always does that, I really hate him for that .. hahahahaha... I sprayed them with water too. run pussy cat run!!

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey guys, me again.

Any ideas on what to do?

-MiniGoatsRule
My cat actually successfully gone through a very very tough diet. Now She can move like a cat needs to move, Before, She's just a part of the rug. :D

MiniGoatsRule

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

Tiggy hates all toys and will actually frocking murder me if I as much as look at him while holding a leash... I've tried it before and somehow live to tell the tale.

MiniGoatsRule

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What is the best cat food for weight loss?
Our Top Picks
  • Best Overall: Blue Buffalo Weight Control Natural Cat Food at Amazon.
  • Best Raw: Instinct Raw Boost Healthy Weight Grain-Free Cat Food at Amazon.
  • Best High Protein: Nulo Freestyle Duck & Lentils Dry Cat Food at Amazon.
  • Best Wet Food: AvoDerm Natural Indoor Weight Control Formula at Chewy.
I will see if we can try the Blue Buffalo stuff, I like the brand a lot. I would use it for my dog if he wasn't gluten free and could eat more than 7 brands of dog food prescribed from the vet, not including Blue Buffalo or most Purina stuff, sadly

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I will see if we can try the Blue Buffalo stuff, I like the brand a lot. I would use it for my dog if he wasn't gluten free and could eat more than 7 brands of dog food prescribed from the vet, not including Blue Buffalo or most Purina stuff, sadly
Yes... go ahead an try it. It is really the best for your cat. Tested it myself and its showed great results.