Catahoula?

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well he’s showing some signs of herding instinct. I’m reading up on that but if anyone has advice I’d be thrilled to have it. He is 6-7 months, I hope not too late to introduce him to sheep. We are still working thru basic obedience and I need to find someone locally who has sheep who have been herded and who can evaluate him. Looks like I’ve got a new project.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Life with Leo.
“The Sun is up. Is that the Sun? I think I’ll bark at it. I’m hungry. I’m thumping the door. Why aren’t you here? I’m rattling my bowl. Are you here yet? Can I have eggs? I like eggs out of the nest. Did I say that out loud? Breakfast. Nom nom nom. Ok what do we do now? Let’s walk the pasture. Yay. What we’re going back? It’s only been an hour. I like the grass. Is that a bone? Thank you. So much better to chew than the hose. Did I say that out loud? Is that a chicken? Can I chase it? How about now? How about that chicken? Ok. Think I’ll barf. Then bark.
Then...”. Leo collapses exhausted to restart in an hour. I’m going for coffee and contemplating that youth is wasted on the young.

redlionsix

Herd lurker
Reaction score
It is an even-tempered best friend that does not tolerate isolation well, and thus requires ample interaction every day. As family dogs, Catahoulas are protective of children and are excellent watchdogs. They will naturally alert the rest of their pack to anything unusual.

redlionsix

Herd lurker
Reaction score
These native dogs were crossed with the “bloodhounds, mastiffs, and greyhounds” brought by the Spanish explorers. In Northern Louisiana, the Native Americans called these new dogs “Wolf Dogs.” Once the French arrived with their hounds, they were crossbred again, resulting in today's Catahoula Leopard Dog.

dhinvid

Herd lurker
Reaction score
My dog wound up in a great home with no poultry. He just was in this frenzy of killing, digging under the coops, and I witnessed his frenzied behavior. I knew it was never going to stop, so I found him a good home where he is loved, spoiled and family. vidmate.app saveinsta

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My dog wound up in a great home with no poultry. He just was in this frenzy of killing, digging under the coops, and I witnessed his frenzied behavior. I knew it was never going to stop, so I found him a good home where he is loved, spoiled and family.
So how is this an identical word for word post from @Baymule on the first page of this thread???? And on a thread over 2 years old?

Latest posts