Cats and earmites

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sooo anyone have any good home treatment for a cat with earmites... have been treating him with OC drops for 2 months.... off and on.... he was treated with milbemite this summer at the vets.... I know some bunny people say oil of some kind... it's not an infection... just gunky ears smelly ears.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Its for that also but I know vets that use it for earmites. I use it on my cats no problem, especially the barn cats that are hard to catch to treat.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you have much of a tick problem in general - without this product?
My barn cat has been a tick magnet since the day he arrived. Seriously! I'm talking about pulling at least one large tick off of him every single day - usually more - and seed ticks by the pile. This morning I found one on my arm that I must've picked up form holding him. I've tried 'Frontline' products and see zero effectiveness.
I'm just wondering if it would help with his ticks too.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I havent gotten it for a while since I havent noticed any earmites. If I can catch them I have been using Bravecto on my barn cats for fleas and ticks. Its a topical but it lasts three months. Some cats I literally have to catch with a net to treat them for anything. One in particular, if I have to get her treated for anything, like ear infection, or earlier this summer, a nasty rash on her tummy, I had to board her where I work until she was well enough to go home. I cant get near that cat for months after that. The net helps. :)

Latest posts