Cats and plants - show me your gardens

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anyone else gardening this year? Frank, Gator, and Micki have decided to be super helpful. Between Gator on my shoulders, Frank digging out all the plans I just put in, and Micki attacking all of my tools, gardening this year has been a fun experience.

Just this morning I was moving the habanero peppers out of their grow pots into the ground, and Gator decided it was time to hitchhike a ride from the greenhouse to the garden.

Managed to get them planted even with my "helpers". Habanero in with the ginger, everything else in the beds. Made sure they were far enough apart to not cross pollinate.

20160331_094820.jpg

Attachments

• 20160331_093654.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 98

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
My cat is inside but my bean plants I started as well as my Peas mysteriously started to decrease in size... Oddly enough I found cat puke with plant matter in it. He is an indoor only cat due to being a chicken sh**. GEEE I wonder where it came from?! :lol:

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gator rides on shoulders like a bird. She's only 3lbs of cat so it's not so bad until you start bending over and those claws come out.

My garden has quickly outgrown itself, we're having to expand it this weekend.

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
ALREADY!!! and here I sit... snow and frost still in the ground.... Sigh. There is such a thick layer of fog today that I can't see 4 buildings away. I may have 3 beans I can pick before I can even transfer them outside.... oops.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice start already. I have some Red Bell Pepper seed that got a bit cross polinated with some of my hot peppers somewhere along the line. They produce huge thick walled peppers with just a little burn.

We only have one bed built so far that we needed to transplant some of our Asparagus crowns.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have two gardens going this year, and a third of you count herbs. That doesn't count my flowerbeds. My tomatoes are already trying to produce.

Trying eggplant this year. Don't know if I even like it.

20160323_134556.jpg

My tomatoes a week ago. They're in cages now. I'll post pictures tomorrow if I can get out and take some. Work work the next three days.

Pamela

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow! We don't plant until the middle to end of may! I haven't even begun to go there yet.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I could plant now but I have to fix the fence to keep the chickens and guineas out so it will probably be a few more weeks. On a "normal" year we could have a freak frost as late as mid April but this year with El Nino I have only seen frost twice all year. Watch me plant and there will be a third time.

This year only tomatoes, green beans, a few cukes for salads, Gypsy peppers, the token Zuchinni, and probably some winter squash. I usually try watermelon and cantaloupe and they never grow so I surrender. I found a little produce stand that has amazing ones so why bother to try anymore. I *might* grow corn for the goats more than for me, same with pumpkins.

If I get really ambitious and bored I will build two more horse trough planters and do carrots and beets and then in the fall I will do onions. I turned my last two planters into strawberry beds.

Pamela

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We got 12 inches of snow 2 days ago, and 60° weather today. We usually have hard frost potential until June.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got 12 inches of snow 2 days ago, and 60° weather today. We usually have hard frost potential until June.

I don't know where you live but I would be moving soon. ;)

75° here today. :) My kind of weather.

Latest posts