CCourson05 ~~WOO!!!!!!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new Buck. Handsome. And the name fits perfect.

K

CCourson05

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks! I think so too. Even though he is being bred for meat and fur, he has a perfect temperament. he comes to the front of the cage when I open the door, loves to be held and never fusses about anything. I like him. He knows how to breed too. Goes to the correct end every time. He will stop to give love nips at the doe's neck too. I haven't bred them yet, but I was trying to see if the doe I got was pregnant.

She has a VERY large dewlap and is very wide around the stomach. She might just be fat. I can't be for sure. I tried the hay test. She didn't carry it around. I tried pulling at her chin/chest hair, WHICH SHE DID NOT LIKE. It didn't come out. I tried palpating, but the contents are so large and I'm uncertain how far along she is, so I didn't want to hurt the kits.

Any ideas? Besides vet... That's an unnecessary bill.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
CCourson05 said:
Thanks! I think so too. Even though he is being bred for meat and fur, he has a perfect temperament. he comes to the front of the cage when I open the door, loves to be held and never fusses about anything. I like him. He knows how to breed too. Goes to the correct end every time. He will stop to give love nips at the doe's neck too. I haven't bred them yet, but I was trying to see if the doe I got was pregnant.

She has a VERY large dewlap and is very wide around the stomach. She might just be fat. I can't be for sure. I tried the hay test. She didn't carry it around. I tried pulling at her chin/chest hair, WHICH SHE DID NOT LIKE. It didn't come out. I tried palpating, but the contents are so large and I'm uncertain how far along she is, so I didn't want to hurt the kits.

Any ideas? Besides vet... That's an unnecessary bill.
I would just wait and see regarding the doe. I wouldn't spend money on a vet right now. It's not like a rabbit's gestation is long. 30 days tops. I would wait it out to see if she is pregnant. You don't want to put her with your buck if she is. That cause problems and multiple pregnancies that don't really work out. I don't think it would be too much just to wait a few more weeks. Just to be sure. Then you can see what your new buck and this doe produces.

Take your time. Don't force it.

K

CCourson05

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Yeah. That's pretty much my default plan. I didn't let them breed per se, because I didn't want her to have a double-horned pregnancy. I was just seeing if she growled. When you reach in, she immediately lowers her hind end and tucks her tail.

I guess I'll just wait and look for fur and panting.

CCourson05

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
She is pregnant!!! Today I decided to let the buck mingle with her. I wasn't going to let them breed, but when I put her in, she immediately backed up against the cage and began to growl!

Woo!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
CCourson05 said:
She is pregnant!!! Today I decided to let the buck mingle with her. I wasn't going to let them breed, but when I put her in, she immediately backed up against the cage and began to growl!

Woo!
Congratulations! Count down begins. Hoping to read a thread that HEALTHY KITS ARE HERE.

K

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
CCourson05 said:
Let's hope so, but I have no way of knowing when they will be here!!! :/
Oh well, it happens. Will just keep watch to see when she does. Please keep us posted.

K

CCourson05

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Well today my grandfather gave me a lesson in welding. He's a certified gas welder. We made a version of the rabbit wringer, which I'm proud of...

3a1edf61.jpg

Latest posts