CD&T sub q bubbles

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, so, when we have this last round of CD&T shots, for some reason I asked Chris for help. I guess it was just because there were so many ? Well, he’s not the type that listens well to directions. He did Honey first and got her too high on the back of the neck. The rest I told him they need to be behind the shoulder blades..under the scruff...not in the muscle. Well, about a week ago I noticed that four of my goats have bubbles in about the same spots as where the shots went in. I’m guessing the med didn’t absorb. Ugh! I Did Honeys shot on 2/21....the kids got there’s on 2/30. When I did my two goats...I did not have this issue. Will they just go away with time, or do I need to intervene?

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
They should go away in time unless they abcess and break open. If they do open up, spray with blue core. I have had the best success giving the shots slowly in the loose skin where the leg meets the body in the fold, ( elbow) after giving the shot gently rub the area to disperse the injected medication..